or Connect

Posts by robasaurus

Your picture is not loading, so I can't see what you're looking for style-wise. I do have a recommendation for you though: Club Monaco. I find the fits they offer to be better than Zara, and the quality is much better. Their overcoats go for around $370 Canadian, but it's pretty easy to find that stuff on sale too. I just picked up a black and white houndstooth overcoat for 30% off and it fits as though I had it made for me.
I actually do this quite regularly. I just let the sleeves of the sweater bunch up a tiny bit so that the sweater cuff ends above the shirt cuff. Of course, I only do this when I'm wearing a jacket overtop. If you're not wearing a jacket, maybe consider a sweater vest instead of a full sweater?
Quote: Originally Posted by benjamin831 I think cut-aways are fine with 4IH knots as long as the tie material is thicker. Here's what I usually do: This is how I wear my ties with my cutaway collars as well, and I think it's just about perfect. If my tie is a little bit thinner, I just wrap it around a second time on the FIH. Quote: Originally Posted by riverrun The premise that a spread collar needs a large knot...
Quote: Originally Posted by heard546 According to Forbes Best Life, Brioni and Canali are in the top 5 in the luxury tie market. And ranked about the same in the Robb Report. -tony For what it's worth, Forbes is generally pretty close to the mark on this stuff.
Quote: Originally Posted by danyllau While they are definately not "ultimate in luxury and quality", i would say most are not that terrible... aside from Hugo Boss ( I can never find quality in them) lol... I have a Khaki shorts from Tommy Bahamas, only thing they have that will actually fit me, I find the quality of it extremely good. But fuck their overly baggy shirts and prices lol. Some of the stuff that Gucci makes (especially those without...
Quote: Originally Posted by heard546 1.Armani 2.Brioni 3.Brooks Brothers 4.Burberry 5.Calvin Klein 6.Canali 7.Dior 8.Dolce & Gabbana 9.Ermenegildo Zegna 10.Faconnable 11.Ferragamo 12.Gucci 13.Hugo Boss 14.John Varvatos 15.Louis Vuitton 16.Marc Jacobs 17.Michael Kors 18.Prada 19.Ralph Lauren 20.Tom Ford 21.Tommy Bahama 22.Versace 23.Yves Saint Laurent I sell some of these brands for a living, and my co-workers quite...
I went into Gio's out of curiousity a few weeks ago and it was awful. It was similar to James & Dickson or Thomas Jeffrey - you might find one good piece in there, but everything else is ho-hum, old-manish, or ugly. I would not shop at Gio's, personally. I don't know anything about Toppers, but I can tell you I've never paid $100 for an MTM shirt and been satisfied. If you try it, let me know how it works out. I can't make specific recommendations as to who WILL...
Don't even bother having that coat altered. I can't recommend a tailor off the top of my head who can/will do that type of work (only from lack of personal experience with many tailors in this city), but for what you'll end up paying just to have those alterations done, you could buy a coat that fits. On top of that, there is no guarantee that any tailor you bring the coat to will even do it properly. My experience has been that many tailors are quick to promise...
Quote: Originally Posted by aavlee Do you know if Harry Rosen stocks 34 jackets? As far as I know, they only stock basic suits in size 34. My neighbour works at Harry Rosen, and my understanding from what he's told me is that on the rare occasions the company stocks something in a 34, it will only be in Vancouver or maybe Toronto, and you would have to have them order it in for you. However, due to the scarcity of that size, if they don't...
Your other option would be using an MTM program at one of the menswear stores downtown. They all use a variety of different manufacturors, so I am sure you would be able to find something to your liking. Off the top of my head, Harry Rosen uses Samuelsohn, Coppley, Zegna, and Armani. Holt Renfrew uses Coppley, Armani, and Isaia. Henry Singer uses Coppley, Armani, and Pal Zileri. I am not sure who O'Connors uses, but if I had to guess they probably have access to...