or Connect

Posts by robasaurus

Quote: Originally Posted by Talbina Hi, Where do you get decent quality dress shirts ($100 or less) shirts in Toronto? Thanks If you go to Stonehouse in either Eaton Centre or Yorkdale, you can get their house brand shirts on sale for generally $50-90. They're quite nice and very well made, even for the regular price. The fit isn't amazing, but you can always have a bit of tailoring done and still come out ahead. Just don't use their...
If there were ever a time that I wished I still lived in Toronto, that time is now. Pal Zileri has got to be my favourite RTW line out there, and those prices are ridiculous! Paul Fazzari is a great guy too.
Quote: Originally Posted by FidelCashflow What exactly have they done? I read the stuff on the website... but it's all over my head. They completely overhauled their factory to streamline production. They were making both fused and half-canvas garments, but they've since ditched the fused product (which I believe was actually the bulk of what they were making) and they are now making half-canvas garments without a significant price increase. ...
I wear knit ties with cutaway collars all the time. I not only think it looks great, but I get plenty of complements as well. As a rule, knit ties are generally less formal, etc etc. But rules like that are made to be broken.
Quote: Originally Posted by Michael Ay329 I can understand the knee jerk response of FidelCashFlow but a good sales associate needs to make the sale without caring for what is best for the client or whether he will return for future business Speaking as a sales associate and a part-time style consultant, that is patently false. It's that sort of attitude that has kept some customers I have dealt with from understanding clothing and how to...
I am in the midst of a change right now. In the past I had tended to wear very bold ties and shirts with subtle suits. I basically wore a slightly toned-down version of the Etro look. Upon joining this site and finding The Sartorialist, I became exposed to a more elegant style of dress and it gradually grew on me to the point that I was not happy with how I was dressing at the time. I've since taken it upon myself to overhaul my wardrobe to a more elegant, but still...
Quote: Originally Posted by mkarim Where in Canada? Calgary. Calgarians need a lot of help.
Soft refers to the fit of the jacket. Armani does not make this model anymore. It was transitioned into a fit called "Giorgio". It's an older, looser fit than what's available from the Collezioni line these days.
I've done work as a style consultant before. I am currently working with one client on and off. The clients I have worked with in the past have been very happy with the results, but I tend to be selective of who I will work with (the client needs to have the right attitude, and desire the right ends, otherwise our collaboration will not be fruitful). My regular job is in a high-end menswear store, so I've also seen a lot of style consultants in action. From what I've...
Quote: Originally Posted by danyllau Like you said, if someone never heard of a brand, it's hard to trust most sales rep on it lol. On an other note, do you find ur clients more incline to respect such "unknown" brand if they saw the price-tag at comparable price point of these popular brands? I find the opposite, in fact. If the garment carries a comparable price tag but the client has not heard of the brand before, they generally have a...