or Connect

Posts by robasaurus

My humble submissions: edit: hooray for jpeg artifacting! and for some reason i think i may have been a little too inspired by a tie that i think i've seen yfyf wearing in waywt for one of them. i'll leave that up to the judge.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay I usually get it right on the first try; however, if I don't, then oddly it takes several attempts before I get it right. This is exactly how it is for me as well.
Have a tailor flip the cuffs. If you try to remove the monogram, it will leave a lot of tiny holes and you'll still see the "shadow" of the monogram because of those holes. Flipping the cuffs shouldn't even cost you that much.
Quote: Originally Posted by eHaberdasher Pal Zileri's main label (white label) is not hand made but is still a great suit - on par with Canali and does feature full canvas contruction. White label is a pretty full, forgiving cut although they have several models. Their Sartoriale.it label features more hand work and offers basted sleeves for functional sleeve buttons, and trousers have great construction as well with the split v-back, inner curtained...
Everyone ragging on this kid for looking strange or not caring about fit are insane. He's EIGHT YEARS OLD! He's obviously just having fun with something that he enjoys. Would any of you expect an eight-year-old to understand the intricacies of how a proper suit should fit? Or how to mix and match patterns and colours? It's something he'll learn as he goes. As for now, I think his style is fun and hilarious in the best possible way. He's a kid and it shows in how...
Here's a point of view that I haven't seen in this thread: OP, when did you try to make this exchange? I presume it must have been quite recently, since you posted this thread today. Perhaps the reason you did not receive an exchange for you tie is that you've waited too long to do it. The Fall/Winter retail season officially ended one month ago. Many retailers will ship out F/W merchandise at that time to make room for Spring/Summer shipments. The luxury menswear...
Quote: Originally Posted by DM.ru Giovanni Nicoletti on 37th Street S.W. !!!! And you forget about anybody else. I've done a lot of stuff with Giovanni starting from the pants and ending with the coat! Top class tailor!!!! As I've said, I work with Giovanni's cousin, Antonio. I just watched Tony completely recut a pair of pants for me in less than 20 minutes and they turned out perfectly. If the quality of Tony's work is any indication,...
Hugh Jackman, Daniel Craig, Forrest Whittaker, et al. are getting a lot of praise for doing this right. While I am definitely in agreement that these guys looked great, I can also appreciate the more eccentric looks of the night. I particularly loved Daniel Day Lewis' look, and would definitely wear something like that myself. Viggo Mortensen looked good, though I would not feel tempted to replicate that outfit. I love Diddy's take on classic menswear. He wears it...
Another brand that has not been mentioned is Pal Zileri. I have several PZ ties, all 3" wide and all of superlative quality. In particular, their Sartoriale ties are fantastic. I cannot recommend this brand enough!
Quote: Originally Posted by unjung Just wanted to resuscitate this thread again - has anyone used a tailor for alterations in Calgary lately? I am still needing the sides taken in on two overcoats and a tux I am planning to buy from the Wizard of Aahs, and don't know who to trust. I spoke to a little place in Gulf Canada (not Antonio's) and the woman I spoke to seemed to have a pretty good sense of how to do an overcoat, but I'm still terrified. ...