or Connect

Posts by robasaurus

I've made up my mind now about wearing a tie clip with a silk knit, and I'll do that the next time I wear one of my silk knit ties. However, the idea of a tie clip with a wool knit tie still throws me off a bit. Something about the thickness and softness of the tie... I can't quite put my finger on it. Quote: Originally Posted by khaki sack No tie clip , period. Tie clips make you look fussy and worried. I don't know why they are so popular...
Something else to look for, and I don't know how available it is either on sale, or on the internet, but have a look for Pal Zileri. If you like a slim cut that's still classic, it would be a good option. PZ suits are easily as nice as Canali (moreso if you ask me) and they fit nicely on thinner guys. The only thing is, you'll have to find it on sale because the price is in about the same range as Canali and Zegna. I just think the product, and the way it's cut, is...
Sorry guys, what I meant to say was tie CLIP. As in, what holds your tie to your shirt, not what goes under the knot at the collar.
Hey everyone. I've been reading the forums here for a while and finally got around to registering in January, but I haven't found much to post about until now! I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on wearing a tie bar with a knit tie. I'm not wondering so much about what you think of tie bars or knit ties in general since I definitely like them. I just can't decide on whether or not I like the idea of a tie bar with a knit tie. Specifically, I have silk knit...
From my understanding of CK suits, for that price it is likely not their high-end. If that is indeed the case, then it will most definitely be fused. And all of the cheaper CK suits I've come across have been a fairly boxy cut. The Ted Baker suit will be fused as well, but will likely be closer to the slim cut you're looking for. If you want my two cents on it, I would never buy a CK suit, regardless of whether it's fused or canvassed. I don't like the styling or...
Quote: Originally Posted by beasty BTW the 15 collar does not correspond to 38 chest. 38 is the conversion in centrimetres. In the past, I though 16/41 or 16.5/42 means collar and chest sizing. But after bringing it to the tailor to measure, we realise thats wrong. You're right. I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that.
The Prada shirts we carry in my store are a size 38 chest for a 15 collar. I'm not sure if there are different lines out there that measure to another scale, but that's all I've seen.