or Connect

Posts by robasaurus

Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball I think they are white label, IIRC. I think they were made in Turkey. As I said, I've never seen nor heard of a white label PZ made anywhere but Italy. For reference, I work in a men's clothing store which carries PZ white label and a bit of Sartoriale. I see dozens of them every season. This is in Canada though, so it may be different in Hong Kong.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball Many Zileri suit are not made in Italy any more, at lease in their HK store. Also if you buy it on sale here, IIRC, it should be cheaper than USD$800. I have few suits and pants from Pal Zileri, the quality was good. So, if the fit and price is right, go for it. I have yet to see a PZ suit not made in Italy. Is it possible that you have been looking at their diffusion line which an earlier poster had...
I actually have a swatch of that fabric, and I can say, having seen and felt it, that it is quite nice. As far as PZ suits go, I would have to disagree with everyone here saying that they aren't worth $800. I would consider that a steal based on all of the PZ garments I've seen and worn. I just ordered a PZ MTM suit in black and white houndstooth which will cost me a little bit more than that (I'm getting a serious discount on it) and I'm more than happy with what I...
I picked these up on Friday. They're Prada, and I got a pretty good price on them too (almost half).
Quote: Originally Posted by academe You could even pick-up a reasonably priced Emporio Armani. http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/EMPORI...s/searchResult Armani suits are cut quite slim. I've often had to size up from EU48/US38 to EU50/US40. Given Yoox's good return policy, it might be worth buying something first and returning it if it doesn't fit well. They have some excellent prices at the moment on their autumn/winter stuff. For anyone...
Quote: Originally Posted by FidelCashflow You can give Canali a shot for some contemporary looking shoes in classical designs. I have a pair of loafers from them I got on sale for $350 and I like them more than my C&J loafers which were double the price. Their quality is quite good, and I know they don't use corrected grain leather. I believe they're available at Nordstroms. I also think they would represent a much better value for money than...
If that's $650 American, then I'd say nevermind what I said about the price and go for it. I live in Canada, and up here, those cost $750 and since our dollar is now more valuable than yours, the price difference is even bigger. I would pay $650 American for those.
Quote: Originally Posted by rach2jlc Short answer is that these shoes are seasonal and probably from a past season at that. Most designer websites will only have the current season items, though some may have archives (but, not so usually with D&G). It will thus be difficulty to find them online, unless it is at a discounter like zappos. As well, even if you do find them, most designer sites will simply list the model number with a single picture, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sauwan He had said in the OP that he liked clips and knit ties and didn't want to discuss either individually. To the original poster- I always find it amusing when people get a reaction to their idea that they don't like, rather than just ignoring it or replying with a touch of grace they go on the attack. Why such hostility? There was no hostility towards the idea of a tie clip and a knit tie not working...
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba http://www.upscaledeals.com/Merchant...Category_Code= this one seems like a nice deal Deal of the century, but do you really want a three-button suit? If so, go for it. PZ makes a hell of a great suit, and for $700 you are getting away with murder.