or Connect

Posts by robasaurus

Quote: Originally Posted by JeffsWood I am not sure what the hell you guys who are thin, skinny or small wear? Somedays I wonder that too. I often find XS too large for me. Blame America. The country is 25% obese, or thereabouts, and they all like to wear their clothes loosely. I spoke with my areas Armani rep recently, and he was saying that American retailers will not buy any of the cuts they offer in Europe, so they've had to design...
Absolutely any pastel colour will go with this tie, given that it is a light blue. You can pair it with a solid pastel shirt and really almost any shade (lighter or darker) of suit, assuming you still have a bit of contrast. You can also pair it with any white-base shirt with a pastel coloured pattern (ie - white shirt with mint graph check, etc). Personally, I would stick to that as a guideline, but there are other options. I have a light blue tie with gold and rust...
I work in a high-end menswear store and handle Boss product all day, every day. As you would expect, I have come to hold a significant amount of distaste for that line. It is most definitely over-priced trash. That having been said, the shoes are really not too bad sometimes. I own a pair that I've had for about a year, and for eight months or so I wore them every day. I bought them as a pair of beater shoes that I could wear to work and not worry about scuffing or...
You already own three suits, including one Canali. I don't understand where the concern about buying another Canali comes in, especially at that price. Why are you worried about "dressing above your peers" if you already do? There is absolutely nothing wrong with being well-dressed - if everyone else looks like a slob, there's no rule that says you have to as well. Just buy the suit and enjoy the great deal you're getting. For the record, I'm also 23 and I enjoy...
PM sent
The quality of fabrics used by Coppley MTM has of late been fairly impressive. I recently finished an order for a client's wedding suit in a steel blue 8oz Guabello super 150 fabric, and my co-workers and I all agreed it was one of the nicer fabrics we've seen lately from anyone. Even our associate who has been in the business for nearly 30 years and is often down on Coppley MTM was suitably impressed by that fabric, but also the garment as a whole (it was Coppley's...
Coppley is definitely getting rid of their white label construction. I was speaking with their rep a few weeks ago and apparently by this time it is actually already gone. They've spent the last few months setting up their factory to do entirely black label construction in preparation for next season. For the remainder of the season, they will still be offering the white label price point, but it will actually be the black label construction. So anyone who is looking...
I like my paisley ties gaudy, and reading this thread has certainly humbled me. The leftmost two are both Stonehouse, which was the house label of a menswear store I used to work at, and the three to the right are all Ted Baker.
I wear these regularly - how holy does this make me?
Quote: Originally Posted by EL72 I only know one store in Toronto that carries a reasonable collection of PZ so I'm curious who does MTM Zileri in Canada. The only store I've heard of is my own, Henry Singer, which is in Calgary and Edmonton only. That's who A Canucker was referring to in the post below yours. Quote: Originally Posted by A Canuker As for the suits here in Calgary there is one store and the prices are...