or Connect

Posts by brescd01

Okay, I think I am going to take the plunge and order a bespoke suit from a local tailor, probably the one recommended by Mrs Harris (the shirtmaker), Checchia. I spoke with the woman part of the husband and wife team, and she seemed very knowledgeable, proposing several prices for the degree of handwork, and she said that the two of them do all the work in 3 weeks. She quoted 1800 dollars for a Harris tweed suit with full handwork. So, I have read the forums for months...
Your remark about "what your wife is wearing" is so funny. I am exactly the same way, I have no clue about what the Hell "they " do and I am not eager to learn. She is very beautiful I think. Your suit is lovely, but the coat is very long. Is this your preference, or is this to make you appear shorter (I can see you are very tall))?
Shopping in Philadelphia is awful: I just went to Boyds to size the Albaladejos and saw this pair, which were on sale but too small.
Shopping in Philadelphia is awful: I just went to Boyds to size the Albaladejos and saw this pair, which were on sale but too small.
1) Who is Chuck? 2) What is a seven-fold tie? 3) Why hasn't anyone remarked about my recommendation for Seigo Katsuragawa ties? Is he out of business? I have not been to his boutique since 1997.... 4) Does anyone want to start a primer on fabrics? What is the best travelling fabric? The best tweed? At what point in the thread count does the fabric become too delicate? What about rinkle resistance? 5) Check out these Albaladejos: I fell in love with them at Boyds but they...
IF you refer to the ask Andy forum and search "Sargent" and my name "Bresch," you will see pictures of the AS whole cut which costs 300 dollars delivered and is an approximation of this shoe (I bought it).
I would second those remarks about medium nibs: if I had it to do over I would have gotten a fine point. My Dupont pen is not screw top and I do not have any problem with it. Excellent ink flow: pen collector boards complement the Dupont as one of the best (along with the Mont Blanc Diplomat). But this is not to say that other pens are not wonderful. I think piston fill is the only way to go if you write a lot. For occasional writing, I guess the cartridge is okay. But if...
I just looked for my pen on the World Pen site and they charge 150 dollars more than I paid for the same pen. I think Fountain Pen Hospital is better.
Quote: Please don't consider the tone of my response aggressive, but I'm of firm opinion that the elegant dresser dresses for himself; his appeal to others is collateral. First of all, there is nothing aggressive about expressing your opinion. And I COMPLETELY understand where you are coming from. Since I purchased the nice shoes recommended on this forum (and shirts, etc), dressing is a joy in the morning, where as before it was a chore. I am sure my...