or Connect

Posts by brescd01

IF you refer to the ask Andy forum and search "Sargent" and my name "Bresch," you will see pictures of the AS whole cut which costs 300 dollars delivered and is an approximation of this shoe (I bought it).
I would second those remarks about medium nibs: if I had it to do over I would have gotten a fine point. My Dupont pen is not screw top and I do not have any problem with it. Excellent ink flow: pen collector boards complement the Dupont as one of the best (along with the Mont Blanc Diplomat). But this is not to say that other pens are not wonderful. I think piston fill is the only way to go if you write a lot. For occasional writing, I guess the cartridge is okay. But if...
I just looked for my pen on the World Pen site and they charge 150 dollars more than I paid for the same pen. I think Fountain Pen Hospital is better.
Quote: Please don't consider the tone of my response aggressive, but I'm of firm opinion that the elegant dresser dresses for himself; his appeal to others is collateral. First of all, there is nothing aggressive about expressing your opinion. And I COMPLETELY understand where you are coming from. Since I purchased the nice shoes recommended on this forum (and shirts, etc), dressing is a joy in the morning, where as before it was a chore. I am sure my...
I am NOT particularly knowledgeable, but I recently bought an expensive Dupont pen and I learned something during my search for "the best fountain pen." First of all, the best place absolutely to buy pens is the Fountain Pen Hospital in NYC. They offer substantial discounts. They are also very knowledgeable. Second of all, after scanning Ebay multiple times and trying to pick up one of these high-priced pens at an even greater savings, I had the sense that at least for...
My objection to the lists is that they exclude origin, vis Pantherella is bad value if purchased in a high-priced department store, but at 12 bucks per at Sierra Trading Post, I think it is fine. All my "worst"s are excellent choices, but are overpriced. A lot of my choices are based on careful reading of the forums, not personal experience. outerwear- best: Barbour, particularly from the discount site I recommended worst: Burberry, Loro Piana tailored- best:...
deleted
I am not sure how you arrived at your price, because even C&J handgrades are not more than 498 dollars from Pedwear, delivered, and that is for the most expensive models. The most expensive AS's are 303 dollars delivered. These are for the top of the line. My AS country shoe, on the other hand, cost 170 dollars. The C&J Onslow costs 385 delivered, the Grasmere, 347 delivered. These appear to be comparable to the Berwick (weather-resistant).
I don't agree with the previous response. First of all, I hated Edwards and I am glad it closed. It was never more than a respository for what I call" drug dealer" fashion, and the clientele and service reflected this. Franklin Mills is awful, definitely not worth the trip, and King of Prussia is like any other mall, with the typical representations and no surprises. Its only benefit is Nordstrom's. Though I have never been there, Paradise Pens sounds interesting. Boyds...