or Connect

Posts by DWFII

Again, not true.And BTW, it's not the presence or absence of dirt under the fingernails, it's the pretense. It reminds me of Corporal Upham, the REMF'ing clerk in Saving Private Ryan, who can't find his rifle but is writing a book on the "bond of brotherhood" between soldiers in combat (or some such)--based, of course, on his "personal experiences." Can't figure out why the rest of the squad "disrespects" him.it's a perfect example of "knowing about" but not knowing. Not...
Not true. I don't disrespect anyone's personal experience.But when you're wrong you're wrong. And, unfortunately you're wrong most of the time.I suspect the problem is all that navel-gazing, solipsistic "personal experience" is what has led up to you being wrong. But it isn't an excuse to lecture or even contradict people who have professional experience. Who have a lifetime of daily, hourly, experience and insights that say otherwise. Who put their insights and...
Is that it, you suppose? He thinks I would put a "standard" price on a contract? I can tell him, you, everyone that I do not. Those lines are left blank intentionally. If for no other reason than that I don't have to print up a new contract every time I change my prices. Which I haven't in over two(?) years.But it's also just the way I operate...I don't quote price on my web page either. I make people call me so that they can talk to me and I can talk to them. If they...
There's a difference between knowing about something and knowing it.
Not true.
Ah!! Now I understand what your problem is--ADD.(tsk...even with pretty pictures)My condolences...
You don't need a post #...there's link provided, you can jump right to it .I do that for those people (apparently many in number) for whom even looking up a post # made in the last 10 hours is too much effort.
[sigh]Because Nick (he said patiently) you can't objectively make that case. You don't know enough about shoemaking or shoemakers like myself to make that case. It is a bias and an entirely baseless bias...informed entirely by what you want to believe.Leaving aside for a moment the incontrovertible deficiencies / weaknesses of the materials and techniques that comprise the GYW process, earlier in this thread we saw MWS post a photo of a high end handwelted shoe...one that...
FWIW...and addressing some unfinished business that Nick reminded me of... I do have a contract. Traditionalist that I am, it is designed and structured almost entirely after a 19th century contract. The same can be said about my pricing structure. 19th century in origin. It is standard practice and has been for centuries...to give the customer options. And to price accordingly. All that is also "my business" (meaning my affairs) and in the stricter sense of the word...
I don't know what that means but the fact is that "challenge" is what you do here. All of what you do.You don't add anything of substance. When people in the midst of all of this ask questions about technique, I make it a point...as I always have...to answer them in detail, to the best of my personal hands-on experience and knowledge, and not just in generalities and vague assurances of "my experiences".To "challenge" appears to be the real reason you 're here.I don't...