or Connect

Posts by DWFII

If I'm not mistaken, it's Amara Hark Weber and she was one of my students.
Well, I struggled with the wording but will stick to it.Yes, there is artistry in such products but it is not inherent in them. It comes from the designers...who are human beings. Once the design is done and the shoes, car, watch, whatever, goes to production...goes to the machine...the artistry is frozen. Every iteration of that product is a clone of the original. And while innovations and tweaking may take place, without the intervention and input of a human being...
I've trained a lot of bootmakers (relatively speaking) and a few of them came back for shoemaking courses. Some just went on to take classes from other makers such as Janne Melkersson and James Ducker.
Couple of others off the top of my head... Rick Roman, Oregon Dan Freeman, Vermont Francis Classe, California Shoefan (who posts here on SF), makes whether he takes orders or not, I dunno Nasser Vries, Toronto Jon Grey, Nova Scotia Brandi Devers, Chicago? DA Saguto, Virginia These are all shoemakers. edited for punctuation and clarity
Several of these people were students of mine....happy (and proud) to say.
You're welcome.
Yr. Hmb. Svt.
true dat...
I spent my teen-age years in Minnesota. I rack my brains but cannot come up with any names for you.The problem is that we don't value quality in the US ...we value cheap and fast --"Americans know the price of everything and the value of nothing."So there's little incentive to be a bespoke shoemaker. There's no money in it simply because there's no interest in bespoke ("not at those prices!")And even if there were, we are so fixated on cheap and fast that there's no real...
Rick Roman--Romango Shoes, IIRC. Not sure Craig Corvin is still working but a good choice if he is.