or Connect

Posts by DWFII

Well, that's one way...not especially best practices, however.In all the time I've been in the Trade and connected to associate trades (shoe repair), it seems to me that relying on cement, to affect a resole (half or full) particularity on a shoe that was originally sewn, is a relatively recent approach.And wholly misguided, IMO.
Unlikely (unheard of? Improbable?) a closed channel Blake stitch--I think the mechanics of Blake mitigate against it, if nothing else.
+1Or more likely:
Historically, no...not often. Grain side was to the inside.
Never. Don't believe in it either.
pB,You're correct...lamb/sheep is not a shoe leather. it has a very open grain and a loose fiber mat. It tends to delaminate and tear rather easily.Since Lexol has water in it I would think it would take a bit of time (for the water to evaporate) before you could properly evaluate its effects on lamb. Bick4 might be a better choice.Short of specialized attention, darkening it may not be in the realm of practical possibility.
Many high end shoes are made without metal eyelets of any sort. That said, most all of those have an additional layer of leather sandwiched in-between the lining and the uppers to reinforce that area.
Blind eyelet--not easily replaced. AFAIK, the eyes need to be mounted before the lining is hung.
Apologies to everyone for side-tracking the thread... As a way of returning to your regular programming, several people have remarked on the shoes I'm wearing in the photo of the suit, so even though they've already been posted, here they are again.
I don't know...but I do know that if there was, I would be overjoyed. If you or anyone else has a number I'd greatly appreciate a head's-up.