or Connect

Posts by gdl203

Sorry to distract from the scantily clad pictures for a minute but here are a few (pretty bad) shots of the Lorenzo cut on me.     I tried to show the chest swell on some pics but it's not easy to capture without a 3D view of things.  Maybe that helps you guys understand what this cut looks like.        
Sorry to distract from the sales alerts for a minute but here are a few (pretty bad) shots of the Lorenzo cut on me.  I tried to show the chest swell on some pics but it's not easy to capture without a 3D view of things.  Maybe that helps you guys understand what this cut looks like.        
 Interesting take.  Isn't Lorenzo roomier in the chest than Tipo?   I found the chest to swell more on the former than the latter.  Hence my comment on drape vs lean chest.
I was going to say something about lacing all those eyelets but then I saw the side zips
I see mentions of the Lorenzo in here and I thought I'd add my 2 cents. If you can fit in the Tipo (while still breathing) and it's neither too short, too high-gorge and you like the lapels, then stick with it. You'll always find it at good discounts since that's what all the big stores buy. Lorenzo (and its successor Ciro) is a very different coat and fit altogether. Almost as if it was a different maker entirely. More swelled chest, more room at the waist, lower...
In the fall
 It's a RTW item - I didn't spec anything.  It is lined with rayon. I don't think a peacoat that light will fall right and look like a peacoat (more like a double-breasted car coat of some sorts) but if you go that light, I would recommend to still look for melton wool.  That wouldn't really be a peacoat without melton
A peacoat should be in melton wool - 30 to 36 oz ideally.   I only have one peacoat (Buzz Rickson) and it's 36 oz.    
Heavy fresco is unwearable as far as I'm concerned. It's borderline absurd actually given how warm and uncomfortable it wears. The lighter weight is OK but doesn't make up as nicely as the medium weight. It's obvious to me, owning all three weights, that the medium weight is optimal - almost perfect actually. Crispaire is much softer and very pleasant to wear but not as open weave.
I can try. We use a lot of Minnis for our RTW suits and have already done an exclusive run if 0656 with them. As long as we have a clear picture of what we're trying to achieve, I can run it by them.