or Connect

Posts by gdl203

This would be a wonderful post if it wasn't factually false. Only 17% of Greek loans and bonds are owned by private banks. 60%+ is held by other Euro governments (you know, their partners in the Union?), 10% by the IMF and another 10% by the ECB. Basically, when Greece defaults, the other countries (Germany first) are left holding the bag.Whether those governments should have continued to support Greece with continued lending and debt restructuring is a separate...
@unbelragazzo
Definitely a rooftop thing. We always had people over on the roof when we had a nice rooftop in Chelsea.
They accept orders for 4 shades (all darker ones: black, #8/oxblood, cigar and dark cognac). All lighter shade hides were rejected and returned to the tannery. No orders accepted for shell balmoral boots (even ankle height).
It's also quite common to have feet that have 1/2 size difference in a Brannock. My right foot is 1/2 larger than my left on a Brannock. Always be conscious of which is your stronger foot when trying new shoes (often means either opting for one shoe that's slightly loose or one that's slight tight). Also be mindful of what point of the day you try shoes on - feet are larger in the evening than in the morning, so if a shoe is a big snug at night, it may be the right...
Freaking angles... The fresco looks great with that photo angle. Separately, the shape of the fronts and quarters on that TF (won't even mention the lapels) is what my tailor would call "e brutto!"
You're certainly better off getting full bespoke by a talented tailor than buying a machine made rebranded Zegna suit for $5k. Just tell the tailor to give a bit more shoulder extension, a slightly longer coat and NOT shape the waist too much.
Thank God for the rain which has helped wash away the garbage and the trash off the sidewalks. I'm workin' long hours now. 6:00 in the afternoon to 6:00 in the morning, sometimes even 8:00 in the morning. Six days a week, sometimes seven days a week. It's a long hustle, but it keeps me real busy. I can take in 300, 350 a week, sometimes even more when I do it off the meter. All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers,...
For those waiting on the special run of Fox oatmeal flannel , the piece is being shipped today from England and we should hopefully be able to cut length and dispatch them next week
It's a darker linen than the Drapers tobacco we have in the store. The weird overhead lighting make it look more tobacco, but the A&H pic from last summer shoes true color. I personally prefer the Drapers' shade.