or Connect

Posts by 2eleven

How often do you wear them? A year and a half of wear on commando soles would be a feat from what I've heard. I'd love to hear otherwise though - other than the short life, they seem like great soles.
The narrowness will depend on the sizing width (is the photo of a D width or something narrower?). Also, when looking at any angle but straight down, the taller toebox of the SJ may give the illusion of it looking narrower (since it's width relative to the height is less) than when looking at a comparable SD. Looking at my SJ and BH, the toe box width and general contour looks about the same. The SJs are ltt though, which further complicates an objective comparison. The...
Honestly there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference that I can tell, but the SJs are more broken in than the BHs, so it's hard to compare. They have a very similar toe profile, but the SJs seem to have more vertical room (taller toe box). The arch is supposed to be a little less aggressive in the SD/BH. To me it feels the same as my broken in SJs. The SJs were probably more agressive when new. Fit wise, both boots seem about the same. Hope that helps.
This is kind of contrary to what the fit guide recommends: "So, you have the 35” measurement. Now, choosing the best size in Gustin involves some personal preference. Raw denim will ease as it breaks in, up to an 1" in the waist. We would probably opt for a size 33 Gustin, which has a measured waist of 34"." So adding an inch for Jdub6's 36" waist, it would seem that the fit guide is recommending he go with a 34. That said, I'd probably agree with Josh here (and perhaps...
Fedex delivered a box from Baker's yesterday. :-)   New bounty hunters on the left, not so new SJs on the right:    A few more of the new ones:         And the build: Custom White's Smoke Jumper Counter Leather Natural Chrome Excel by Horween, Hardware Antique Eyes & Hooks, Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Height 8", Last Semi Dress (Bounty Hunter), Steel Toe No Thanks, Upper (Shaft) Leather Natural Chrome Excel by Horween, Toe Cap No Thanks, Toe...
One thing to consider about natural is that it will quickly turn a golden/orange/brown, so it won't look like the above photo for long. Whether you like what it changes into is personal preference, but I think natural on black boots looks best when brand new. The brown edge will keep its color better, and can be re-dyed easily as it wears. Something to consider.
Thanks Wes - that's a good recommendation. The price is great too at $21. My only reservation is that I was hoping to find something made in the states, and Saddleback does their manufacturing in Mexico. Nothing against the quality of products manufactured there - just that I'm really trying to support the struggling US economy and businesses which choose not to send their manufacturing elsewhere.
I have! The Louis is almost perfect (the Tony is a little more wallet than I'm looking for). If the Louis had two small sides instead of a small/large combo, it would be just what I'm looking for. Someone also recommended the card wallet from Mitchell Leather, which looks very good as well. So I have options (thanks to those who helped me find them). The appeal of Gustin offering something along these lines is, or course, the price advantage of crowd sourcing. I don't...
I would like to suggest what I feel is an improvement over the simple wallet. I'm doing this selfishly because this wallet is no longer made, so I need someone else to make it for me. It's my favorite wallet, and I think it is the perfect design.   I've been using "simple wallets" for about 20 years. I started with the Coach one that is similar to the Gustin one. That one is still sold today, but it's made in China. (20 years ago Coach pretty much only sold brown and...
 0.3" is something that I'd consider "within tolerance". I have 3 pair of gustin 32 straights that ~consistently~ all measured a full inch smaller in the waist. I've also read 2 posts from 2 different people indicating that the 33 straight similarly comes in a full inch smaller. That doesn't sound like a tolerance issue - that sounds like the patterns for the 32 and 33 straights are actually turning out smaller jeans than what is indicated in the fit guide. Assuming this...