or Connect

Posts by BootsCanada

Hey Folks   There's I just posted 11 pairs of dress shoes, ranging from Allen Edmonds, Cheaney, Oliver Sweeney to Bostonian. Have a look sizes run 10 - through 12   Have a look. You might find something you like.   http://www.ebay.ca/itm/271716369431?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 Here's a link for the Cheaney.  Simple click on other items for the other 10 pairs :)   Best Wishes this holiday season.
Hey Folks,   I put up a bunch of cowboy boots Sendra / Olathe / Sancho and some dress shoes - Allen Edmonds / Florsheim up for sale on Ebay.   Have a look.  You may enjoy them. Please remember to go by the measurements, rather than the stated size, as footwear sizing can change from last to last and manufacturer to manufacturer. Good Luck :)   Here's a link for some Allen Edmonds.   Allen Edmonds...
Hey Folks,   Welp I got a job with the local transit authority, so my daily work wear is a uniform, although I did opt for a regular tie, instead of (shudder) clip on...UGH...   BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT...I have this question about shoes.   Its a Friday or Saturday Night.   Your dressing up, as your going to the Symphony, or the Opera, or the Ballet, (someone tell me if Musicals are in this group too)   Anyway, You decide on a black ? or Navy Blue Suit?   French...
Guys:   Here's a direct quote from an email sent to me from C&J - NYC   Hope your well. Sorry for the delay were still w/o internet connection here at the store.   So, I've been using my own tablet trying to keep up with all the correspondences.   The simple answer is our Main collection of Oxfords shoes are in the $600.-$700 range. My recommendation would be either the HALLAM or CONNAUGHT model.   Our Hand-Grade collection are in the $800.-$1000. range. - Anthony @...
  I"d just like to throw my 2 pennies out there, I just emailed  Crocket & Jones - New York, benchgrade Oxfords run in the neighbourhood of $800 - $1000.00 USD. Even Barney's has some models around the $750 price point.  A little more than $550. 
Hey Guys,   I'm a winter complexion.  So not all colors will look good on me. I'm looking for a shirt and tie that would go with a black suit (Hilfiger). However the black suit has got very subtle pinstripes of blue / grey running through it. Almost un-noticeable.    
Hey guys,   I was wondering...marketing aside...who makes the best shoes for english or italian shoemakers   for the purposes of this thread can we keep it under $600 USD or $350£   Please note: I'm only throwing manufacturers in here, their shoes maybe more than the price point mentioned, i just don't know.   John Lobb Loake Grenson Alfred Sargant Cheaney Church Trickers Oliver Sweeney Canali Ferragmano Bruno Magli   For the purposes of this thread I...
OH and I did a little further checking for everyone. VAT currently is 20% of item in England. SO. $240£ + 20% = $288.00£ converted to CAD is $498.xx CAD and you still need to add shipping on charges on. SO at the end of the day, while buying direct from Cheaney, may seem expensive with the duties + hst + brokerage. It also is currently offering free shipping. Where getting your friend to ship it to you. Puts you out $30 - 40.00 + $498 = so you really only save about $20...
Well I just did a little research,   Here's what I came up with, I was considering some Cheaney shoes out of England. $240£. Convert to CAD $$416.45 (fx $1.00£ = $1.7352CAD). Now Remember CBSA (Canadian Border Services Agency) accesses the value on the CAD dollar value converted by the Bank of Canada (fx rates). So $416.45 + 18% duties + 13% HST (Ontario) = $74.61 + $54.14 + brokerage (variance of arbitrary brokerage fee levied by courier company [DHL has a standard...