or Connect

Posts by Isolation

Thanks for the link, I shall read it now.   I'm trying to find examples of trousers in the waywrn thread to compare but they are almost always covered!
Thanks for your advice.   Thing is I'm just not seeing it. I've come to develop a much keener eye on a lot of other things, and now I can tell why my older stuff aren't very good, and even how it can be improved. It's just that I don't feel like I'm learning anything if I just take your word for it and say these trousers are terrible when I don't actually know why.   Am I wrong to think that most trousers are made a bit looser for when you eat or whatever, so it's...
Well a bad tailor can source from good fabric too, that doesn't say anything about their tailoring skills. Look up pictures of their products on their clients of they have any? Or just products on display?
Yeah I mean I see they bulge a bit on the side they aren't great, but it still seems like a huge exaggeration to me to say I'm better off OTR. You know that these trousers cost about the same as OTR right (it's <70 GBP for CMT)? I've never find OTR trousers that actually fit as well as these. I'm still not convinced why it's a bad idea to try fill up my wardrobe this way, or how going for RTW would be better.   Here are the trousers with belts on:        I think...
Best judge is their garments on their clients, if it fits well. I can't say as I have no experience with UK tailors, since I've only used Hong Kong ones. I can only say that there are lots of mediocre ones there that are "okay" for the price, but you want to make sure you don't pay too much for it. Are most UK tailors better? I don't know.
I'll post a picture of the tailored trousers later but I think they are okay. It's just the first pair and the ones from the other tailor that aren't good. fwiw the OTR tailors I've had had been terrible for me.   Alright here they are:           As you can see I am not wearing a belt, there are generally no stacking at the break (no break) if I wear a belt or use braces. I assume it's normal to make trousers a bit looser so without an adjuster/braces/belt...
tbh I think I think birdseye is more interesting on an SC than trousers. I have seen a pair of charcoal birdseye trousers that seemed interesting but I felt like it'd be a bit distracting if anything.   I really don't see how birdseye would be bad for a blazer/SC though. I think it looks really good. I actually have a brown one that's... well idk the weave. I'll take a picture:     I'm not sure if it's birdseye but it's quite similar in that it's a darker thread and...
Since I'm quite happy with my tailoring experience I'm looking to swap out all my trousers for tailored ones, and picking mostly dugdale fabric since I like their value and I'm happy with them. I'm looking to get a pair in fresco (new fine worsted) mid gray, then 13oz hopsack (English and Town Classic)  in mid and darker gray, and then use these as my basic trouers to pair with sportcoats. Considering also getting mid gray in linen for summery outfits. Also I already have...
Having multiple in person fittings is incredibly important and it's incomparable with online MTM, but then again some fitters/tailors aren't very good at that anyway.   To be honest it each tailor's skill is so different when you're looking at the lower end that it's hard to say. You might easily find a price bracket where "bespoke" is not worth much more than MTM or even OTR.
It's from Moda.