or Connect

Posts by Isolation

Ah perhaps I misunderstood you, but I meant that brown would look good on most people who don't have that exact shade of brown, and for those people simply choosing a slightly differenet shade will be fine, which I think is what you were saying in the first part. Also I didn't realize you meant SC, and I do think if you have a white shirt cuff showing to separate skin from SC it is fine. I just think brown is a great color. To match a jacket with a skin color like that...
You mean ties? Yeah I think brown ties, or actually brown in general is a nice warm color that goes well with most things (doesn't clash much) and I don't feel like it has anything to do with skin color. I actually think it looks better on lighter skin people than someone whose skin matches the brown, which could look a bit weird imo (simply choosing a different shade probably solves that).   TBH I think brown is just a nice color in general and if not for its casual...
This is actually something I feel as well because with a line as guide it becomes more pronounced, that said I think it's actually slightly angled, but I will talk to the tailor and see if I can get the next one better. In fact I just kind of like more of a peak stylistically in general, but I wonder if it's because of the width that it's harder to create much of an angle. I'll probably ask to reduce the width by 1/4 or 1/2 inch next time. Thoughts?   I think generally...
Thanks, well spotted. We were a bit rushed with the pinning so I hope it was just mispinned for the photo and when the button is properly placed it'll be okay, but in any case I shall know to make sure when I get it tomorrow. Appreciate the help.
Yeah yeah, I'm pretty happy with it as it is. I might get more from this tailor in the future as I enjoy working with him and price is reasonable, so I want to see if there are changes I should look out for in the future as these two were my first db jacket with him. Just wanted to get them made before I leave HK, don't get that many chances after all.
Thanks. I'll have a look at it. I am hoping it's because the button hasn't been set in properly and it wasn't pinned perfectly. If I recall correctly the tailor did take in length from below the armhole so it should match up okay at the quarters.
Yeah I'm talking about the peak part.   Pants are much better, but I'm hoping the new ones will be better as the old ones were just cut a bit narrow from the start. I shall post pictures when they are done. I'm actually pretty happy with this jacket in general. Back's much better too, imo.         I really think in general it was my stance which created a lot of the creases, as it is here, I just subconsciously stand too erect when picture is being taken....
 Reposted. Thanks.
Hi, can I have some opinions specifically on the lapels and roping please? What do you think of the width and shape/angle? How can I get it to be more angled as opposed to horizontal? Lower gorge?  
Cut. Fabric seems fine. I don't own any but my brother had a rotation of them for work. He's not as slim as me and it's fine for him, but seems like it'd take some alteration for myself, and iirc you're on the slim side too. I haven't really looked into their slim fit shirts, but their slim fit blazers aren't really that slim fit. The correct shoulder size + sleeve length slim fit cotton blend blazer has enough room around the waist to make it double breasted, so I imagine...