or Connect

Posts by Mighty Morris

And here they are ... arrived today.  They look warmer in the flesh (I will take some more pictures in better light) and I love them!            
Gents ... you might remember me posting requests for your interest in a suede Burford a while ago .... which, sadly, no-one bar one bought into at the time.  Well, Richard went ahead with it anyway and the boots arrived today.  They look warmer in the flesh (I will take some more pictures in better light) and I love them!            
Gents ... you might remember me posting requests for your interest in a suede Burford MTO a while ago .... which no-one bar one, sadly, bought into at the time.  Well, Richard went ahead with it anyway and the boots arrived today.  They are warmer in the flesh (I will take some more pictures in better light) and I love them!            
Just about the only place is the Tricker's shop at: 67 Jermyn StreetSt James'sLondonSW1Y 6NY Other places might have a few styles but this is where you will find the widest selection.  And there are many of their competitors along the street - C&J, Lobb, Cheaney (coming soon) et al. As Grove says, you are likely to melt your card and go home broke but happy.
I have never had Vibrams (not really my scene) but if it is just the look of the sole that you dislike then that is an easy solve ... Dainite, Ridgeway, Commando, leather .... they are all fabulous and you have great boots there. Or is it the Acorn colour that you dislike?  Well, that is classic and much-loved but if you don't like it you will never be happy.  (I had this recently with a pair of suede shoes and I am just about to dye them to bring the smile back to my...
A pleasure.  Let's hope that they haven't vanished. MM
The answering machine says that they are closed until June 2nd. By the way, and because I have seen others here refer to it this way (and sorry for being pedantic) but it is actually the Tricker's Factory Shop, not the Retrickers Store.  Tricker's shoes are made by R.E. Tricker Limited, est. 1829 ... hence the ebay name retricker1829. Best,MM
10.5 is not 10 1/2 ... it is size 10, width fitting 5 (average).  4 is slim (women's shoes and boots), 6 is wide.   If your Stows were size 10 1/2 they would say 10 1/2.5   When you say that you have been wearing them for a while, how long do you mean?  I used to wear a 10, I now wear an 11.  Many people's feet spread a bit with age.  But maybe you mean a shorter period than several years.   However, if you can show that your Chepstows are differently sized to one...
 Sorry, the specification was lost on the last post ... it is: Burford Boot on 4497s last, Fitting 5.Gaucho Repello Suede.Mushroom Binding.Natural Barbour Welt.Brown Dainite Sole.Vintage Green Calf Lining.Brown Pull Loops.Four Brass Eyelets, Three Brass Ski-Hooks.Leather Laces. Here is a picture of one in a different colour:  and a Stow in Gaucho:  Mix the two together in your head and you should have a fairly good idea of how it will look. Best,MMgiving a fairly good idea...