or Connect

Posts by Mighty Morris

Ha ha ... very good Olderfellow.   I deserved that one!
I quite often see people referring to re-Tricker, or reTricker, when they are commenting on the Tricker's factory outlet on eBay, as if the shoes and boots have been retricked by a retricker.   I know that I am being pedantic, but imagine that your name was A.B. Smith and you decided to open an ebay account ... you might well choose absmith as your account name.   I might be wrong, but I would presume that something along those lines ran through the minds of the...
I had Champagne waxy Bourtons.  But they just weren't me. So I started off by de-waxing them.  Then I dyed them brown.  Then I re-waxed them. Now they are super .... but I don't think that's the kind of answer you were after. By the way, the scuffs are meant to be ... the patina that accumulates is the point of having waxy leather.  Enjoy them.
 9.5 is size 9, fitting 5 (medium).  I would also think that the size is UK.
Very interesting that you bought the same size in both and that they fit equally well, as they are different lasts.  I wear the shoes (last 4444) half a size smaller than the boots (last 4497s) and this is the normal recommendation.  Just shows how tricky it can be. Glad that you love them so much.  My suggestion, wear them, punish them, polish them ... they will look super and last you forever.
 Ha ha .... do it! To be honest, the Mallory isn't built to the same standard as a Tricker's boot, but it isn't far off.  And it has a half-veldtschoen sole, which is silly, but these are my go-to boots.  They are easily the most comfortable pair that I have (and I have quite a few) and they have been punished ... but they just keep bouncing back. The other thing that I did to them, as soon as they were delivered from Richard, was to strip the wax "patina" from them with a...
I'll send you a PM princealbert
I know that these aren't Tricker's, so a little off-topic, but I thought that you might all like to see what Richard and his team did for my Cheaney Mallorys.  A less-popular sole these days, but very well deserving of a revival ... the ITSHIDE Golfer.  Super comfortable and I am delighted with the result.  Miles better on this boot, and much more interesting, than the original Dainite studded sole:       Thanks again, Richard.
Fellow Tricker's aficionados, a tale of how I have just ended up with an improved pair of boots that I really love.   I bought a pair of Tricker's Polos on eBay nearly two years ago.  They were a bargain ... a never-worn collaboration with ASOS for £101.  They looked like this:     Well, I am a bit more traditional and never really liked the red soles, nor the very pale welt, but they were light and easy to wear on a warm day.  I darkened the welt, and that improved...
Hello Sunil, Return them if you can and then give Richard a call.  I am sure that he will make you smile again. All the best,MM