or Connect

Posts by Mighty Morris

There are two ways that I would go, depending on the desired finish. The first is more arbitrary/organic.  I would just keep applying a darker colour to the welt (Saphir Crème Surfine and Medaille D'Or wax polish, or similar) and, over time, the welt will take on a beautiful patina. I sometimes use Saphir Renovating Cream in conjunction with this method, but it is not perfect, the colours are limited and it has a tendency to rub off ... it is really just meant for touching...
I understand that Tricker's won't do a Veldtschoen any more, not even to order ... which is such a pity.  Of course, I might be wrong. The really good thing about the natural storm welt is that once it ceases to be fashionable one can simply darken it!  Almost like having a new pair of shoes.
Thanks ... I thought maybe you had worn them on a motorcycle and I was interested to know how they stood up to that kind of punishment. But, as you haven't ..... All the best,MM
And here they are ... arrived today.  They look warmer in the flesh (I will take some more pictures in better light) and I love them!            
Gents ... you might remember me posting requests for your interest in a suede Burford a while ago .... which, sadly, no-one bar one bought into at the time.  Well, Richard went ahead with it anyway and the boots arrived today.  They look warmer in the flesh (I will take some more pictures in better light) and I love them!            
Gents ... you might remember me posting requests for your interest in a suede Burford MTO a while ago .... which no-one bar one, sadly, bought into at the time.  Well, Richard went ahead with it anyway and the boots arrived today.  They are warmer in the flesh (I will take some more pictures in better light) and I love them!            
Just about the only place is the Tricker's shop at: 67 Jermyn StreetSt James'sLondonSW1Y 6NY Other places might have a few styles but this is where you will find the widest selection.  And there are many of their competitors along the street - C&J, Lobb, Cheaney (coming soon) et al. As Grove says, you are likely to melt your card and go home broke but happy.
I have never had Vibrams (not really my scene) but if it is just the look of the sole that you dislike then that is an easy solve ... Dainite, Ridgeway, Commando, leather .... they are all fabulous and you have great boots there. Or is it the Acorn colour that you dislike?  Well, that is classic and much-loved but if you don't like it you will never be happy.  (I had this recently with a pair of suede shoes and I am just about to dye them to bring the smile back to my...
A pleasure.  Let's hope that they haven't vanished. MM