or Connect

Posts by Mighty Morris

.... one subtle difference to the standard boot, as eagle-eyed Richard at the Shoe Healer just pointed out to me, they have a flat welt (which is widely regarded as being inappropriate on a Stow). So, a load of money for something perhaps not so good.  But it is a free world .......! MM ps .... here's the link for those who haven't seen it:http://shop.havenshop.ca/collections/new-arrivals/products/x-trickers-steer-smooth-boots-beige
Flippin' heck .... these seem to be a standard Stow with an orange Dainite and a black sock.  How much?  They are having a laugh!! MM
Tricker's write the last number inside every shoe .... it is below the inner sock, above the heel.  If you lift the sock carefully you should see the number, but you will have to stick it down again. Best,MM
There are two ways that I would go, depending on the desired finish. The first is more arbitrary/organic.  I would just keep applying a darker colour to the welt (Saphir Crème Surfine and Medaille D'Or wax polish, or similar) and, over time, the welt will take on a beautiful patina. I sometimes use Saphir Renovating Cream in conjunction with this method, but it is not perfect, the colours are limited and it has a tendency to rub off ... it is really just meant for touching...
I understand that Tricker's won't do a Veldtschoen any more, not even to order ... which is such a pity.  Of course, I might be wrong. The really good thing about the natural storm welt is that once it ceases to be fashionable one can simply darken it!  Almost like having a new pair of shoes.
Thanks ... I thought maybe you had worn them on a motorcycle and I was interested to know how they stood up to that kind of punishment. But, as you haven't ..... All the best,MM
And here they are ... arrived today.  They look warmer in the flesh (I will take some more pictures in better light) and I love them!            
Gents ... you might remember me posting requests for your interest in a suede Burford a while ago .... which, sadly, no-one bar one bought into at the time.  Well, Richard went ahead with it anyway and the boots arrived today.  They look warmer in the flesh (I will take some more pictures in better light) and I love them!            
Gents ... you might remember me posting requests for your interest in a suede Burford MTO a while ago .... which no-one bar one, sadly, bought into at the time.  Well, Richard went ahead with it anyway and the boots arrived today.  They are warmer in the flesh (I will take some more pictures in better light) and I love them!