or Connect

Posts by Mighty Morris

Hello Sunil, Return them if you can and then give Richard a call.  I am sure that he will make you smile again. All the best,MM
Whilst I understand that the hand-made process lends itself to certain irregularities, I wouldn't accept those. Where did you buy them from?  Were they mail-order? The question I always ask myself when deciding whether or not to return mail-order goods is "would I have accepted these flaws and gone ahead with the purchase if it was taking place in a shop?'.  I don't know about you, but if I saw these in a store I would be asking them to bring me another pair. How...
The rubber inserts in Tricker's heels are rubbish ... they wear far too quickly. When you finally re-heel get JR Rendenbach heels and feel the difference.  They have more shock absorption but last miles longer. Having said that, yes .... increase the medication. MM
Sunil, as others have said, these marks are cosmetic and won't affect the performance of your boot. It is up to you whether or not you can live with them. If you can, after a very short time, a couple of creme and polishes and some wear you probably won't even notice these things any more. If you cannot then you could contact the Tricker's store and tell them how you feel.  However, what you will likely find yourself up against is their argument that they are a...
"Many a true word spoken in jest."
Humour doesn't always cross oceans, I know. As for where and when I wear my boots and shoes, suffice to say that I am not any kind of a dandy and they certainly do see some rugged use.
The only problem with that idea is that it might happen ... and then I would be trapped in a world of welt-fear!
You have the beginnings of a good make-up there. I shouldn't pitch in as I am not in the market for shoes right now, but what the heck?  I would go for blind eyelets (especially if you want to wear them with a suit) and I would definitely consider an edge binding.  Beechnut Antique is beautiful.  And I would also go for an interesting coloured lining.  Not seen unless they are off, of course, but will remind you every time you pull them on that they were made to...
Having said that, if there is enough interest, perhaps we could start a WELTS AND WELT-MEN thread. Any takers? : )
I can't believe what I am reading on here ... where has all of this welt-worry come from?   I enjoy my shoes and boots by wearing them, and the patina that they acquire over time reflects that.  But each to his own, I guess.   MM