or Connect

Posts by Eric Michael

The Botanist is produced by Bruichladdich (I think) and comes from approximately the same area as Hendrick's.
I picked this bottle up the other day... I really don't drink enough Beaujolais but I shall correct this in the summer! Looking forward to experiencing more of this stuff.  
I actually only tried this for the first time a couple weeks ago. Thought it was decent... nothing show-stopping, but a good everyday whisky.In contrast, I am a huge fan of the 15 yr Laimrig... The aroma is incredible. Just picked up a bottle of the Glenrothes Select Reserve; been meaning to try it for a while. It's one of the least expensive scotch whisky's in the LCBO, so looking at it from more of a daily drinking perspective. What experiences have people had with...
Just picked up these; both were under $19 at the LCBO. I've had this vintage of Mouiex before and I quite enjoy it (great daily drinker). Haven't tried the Ch. Brehat before.  
Picked up these four recently from the LCBO...   x1 2010 Cascina Dardi Bussia Barolo (a gift for a friend I'm visiting this weekend)   x1 2012 Xavier 100% Cotes du Rhone (40% Grenache, 20% Syrah, 15% Mouvedre, etc.) I've never tried the CdP from this producer, but I know they are one of the most respected in CdP, so I'm excited to try this entry-level bottling. I've included a link below to a wine of their's I find interesting: a non-vintage CdP, which by the...
Drank a 2008 Chimney Rock Stag's Leap District Cab Sauv & 2007 Argentina Malbec (forget the producer) on Saturday. Both were delicious. 
I've never tried Talisker Storm... What are people's experiences with it?
I have a bottle of Talisker DE and I purchased it from the LCBO. It was a while back now, but I remember it to be in the neighbourhood of $140. Lagavulin DE is $160 at the LCBO and Oban DE is $140. They DE releases are rarely available at the LCBO, and when they are, they go quickly.
Drank these tonight with Ossobuco, saffron risotto & gremalata. Both were delicious in their own right. No doubt the Barolo could have used a few more years of bottle age, but it was drinking quite well. We decanted for an hour or so before dinner. I always enjoy Barolo. The Chianti was singing. Bigger in body than most others I've had... Drinking beautifully now, but could have gone on for a couple more years still- that was the surprise of the...
Supposedly it's international wine day today?  Drinking this.... Excellent wine, especially for $22CAD