or Connect

Posts by Eric Michael

I've never had HP18 but I love the 12's complete balance, for me, of honey sweetness, peat, spice and slight salty/seaweed quality.   Haven't had older Obans either but I've been itching to try Talisker Distiller's Edition. Love the 10 but would love to see what the extra cask does to the flavour and nose.
SG- I'm a huge fan of HP12 so I will definitely get a bottle of A'Bunadh. Best part is, HP12 is one of the least expensive scotch offered by the LCBO
Let me know what you think of the A'Bunadh... tempted to buy it at the LCBO but I think it may be a bit niche for me right now.
Yes to your thought, though personally I would tend not to drink Barolo so young. I would go with Cannubi as it is generally regarded as the better cru than Sarmassa, however the producer is an excellent one, so you're probably safe with either. I do know that 2008 is quite a good vintage... haven't read much on 2010 Barolo yet.
Just picked up a bottle of:   Louis Brochet-Hervieux Premier Cru 1999 Champagne   and   x2 Loacker Corte Pavone Brunello di Mont. 2008 x2 La Mannella Brunello di Mont. 2008
Where did you find the Clement rum? is it the Schrubb Orange?
Had the following last night with Bison Tenderloin, Sauteed Green Chard and Celery Root & Potato Puree w/ Black Truffles The picture isn't great quality so they are:   2006 Baron-Fuenté Grand Millésime Brut Champagne 2004 Chateau de Barbe Blanche (Saint Emilion, Bord.) 2011 Rocca di Castagnoli Chianti Classico   Not in picture, but also drunk was: 2014 Joseph Drouhin Beaujolais-Villages Nouveau Primeur Knob Creek Small Batch 9 YO
Have you tried Blanton's original single barrel before?I'm interested in picking up a bottle but can't decide between that and the Special Reserve...Leaning towards the Original.
I'm on the hunt for Talisker Distiller's Edition- have heard it's excellent
Drank this tonight with veal chops w/ roquefort butter, sautéed French string beans and roast potatoes.  It drank wonderfully- in its sweet spot.