or Connect

Posts by Eric Michael

Bottle of Blanche de Chambly
Northern Harvest! What did you think?
The Botanist is produced by Bruichladdich (I think) and comes from approximately the same area as Hendrick's.
I picked this bottle up the other day... I really don't drink enough Beaujolais but I shall correct this in the summer! Looking forward to experiencing more of this stuff.  
I actually only tried this for the first time a couple weeks ago. Thought it was decent... nothing show-stopping, but a good everyday whisky.In contrast, I am a huge fan of the 15 yr Laimrig... The aroma is incredible. Just picked up a bottle of the Glenrothes Select Reserve; been meaning to try it for a while. It's one of the least expensive scotch whisky's in the LCBO, so looking at it from more of a daily drinking perspective. What experiences have people had with...
Just picked up these; both were under $19 at the LCBO. I've had this vintage of Mouiex before and I quite enjoy it (great daily drinker). Haven't tried the Ch. Brehat before.  
Picked up these four recently from the LCBO...   x1 2010 Cascina Dardi Bussia Barolo (a gift for a friend I'm visiting this weekend)   x1 2012 Xavier 100% Cotes du Rhone (40% Grenache, 20% Syrah, 15% Mouvedre, etc.) I've never tried the CdP from this producer, but I know they are one of the most respected in CdP, so I'm excited to try this entry-level bottling. I've included a link below to a wine of their's I find interesting: a non-vintage CdP, which by the...
Drank a 2008 Chimney Rock Stag's Leap District Cab Sauv & 2007 Argentina Malbec (forget the producer) on Saturday. Both were delicious. 
I've never tried Talisker Storm... What are people's experiences with it?
I have a bottle of Talisker DE and I purchased it from the LCBO. It was a while back now, but I remember it to be in the neighbourhood of $140. Lagavulin DE is $160 at the LCBO and Oban DE is $140. They DE releases are rarely available at the LCBO, and when they are, they go quickly.