or Connect

Posts by Eric Michael

Started the evening with a whisky sour: 2.5 oz Bulleit 1 oz fresh lemon juice .75 oz simple syrup (1:1) 2 rosemary sprigs Shaken   2005 Bollig-Lehnert Trittenheimer Apotheke Riesling Spatlese, served with a soft French cheese and gamay red wine jelly   2013 Michel Gassier Les Piliers Viognier, served with roast chicken, roast potatoes and sautéed French string beans   2009 Malivoire Riesling Icewine, served with homemade Creme Brulee   After: Laga 16 Ardbeg...
How is your relationship with FOH?I'm always tempted to order from them as their prices are far better than what I face in Toronto, but I'm never sure on how much I'll pay on duties...
What about HP 12? I'm not sure that they use first fill sherry casks, but I thought they used some form of sherry cask.
Just bought a bottle of Oogie. Never tried it before. Really looking forward to it.
Sounds like a fantastic night. I really like those champagne coupe? glasses in this pic.. the blown glass/cut crystal looking ones.Are they vintage or new? Still available anywhere?
Drank this last night with a wild mushroom risotto and pan-seared duck breast.  Decanted for about an hour and a half. Delicious wine, very elegant with velvety tannins.    
Thanks for the word. That sounds like quite a hassle. I'm traveling to Atlanta over Thanksgiving, will look then. Cheers
Picked up a bottle each of:    2005 Bollig-Lehnert Trittenheimer Apotheke Riesling Spatlese 2007 Dr. Hermann Urziger Wurtzgarten Spatlese 2008 Schloss Schonborn Erbacher Marcobrunn Riesling Kabinett
^ Also, what release year is that? Looks like an older one judging by the label
For anyone living in Ontario on this thread... For scotch that you can't find at the LCBO, what sites or distributors to you contact to buy from?   I'm looking for Distiller's Editions of both Talisker and Lagavulin, as well as Uigeadail