or Connect

Posts by BernieIsMyCat

Thanks for the link! Googling for "fake welt" was the answer :) That article refers to their Handsewn mocs. On their Trench Boots, I've seen lots of complaints about puckering where the upper attaches to the welt, but my understanding is that their boots have a true GYW. In any case I will bow out and return the thread topic to Gustin.
I also don't understand your comment. I admit I haven't read through the entire OSB thread on SF, but I've been active on Reddit's /r/goodyearwelt for a couple of years. There are lots of complaints about OSB quality, but nothing about not a true GYW. A Google search didn't turn up anything either. I bought a pair of Black Dainite OSB Trench Boots last year on their Black Friday sale, and I was very happy with their quality for the (sale) price. They sure looked like they...
I've bought 9 pairs of Gustin jeans. They were all within 1/2" of the waist measurement on the fit guide. Some larger, some smaller. Don't forget that most of their jeans will stretch about 1" in the waist during break in. If you like your jeans really tight, then go with the smaller size; if you like them loose, go with the larger size.
You don't have to; it's optional. You might want to, for the reasons others gave you in their replies. I wash my Gustin jeans in cold water, and I've never seen any shrinkage in their length. Washing my Heavy Americans actually increased their length; they stretched out from the weight of the wet denim while hanging to dry.
Yes, like most Gustin jeans, these will stretch about 1" in the waist. If they fit well everywhere else, you will be fine. They will break in after a few days of wear.
These boots were purchased December 2014, and were worn 1 to 2 times per week. I am selling them because I decided the fit is a bit too wide for me.OSB doesn't label their shoes with a width, but I believe these are slightly wider than a normal D width. OSB recommends you fit these boots true-to-size, but I am 9C on a Brannock with a low-volume foot, and as a result I sized down 1. There is just enough room for my toes.   Included with the boots are both the original 78"...
My zimbs were .75" too large in the waist; no problem it just made the break-in easier. Also .5" too long in the inseam; no problem since I cuff mine. All other measurements were perfect.This was my first experience with skinny fit; I had been getting slim up to now. I love the skinny fit; it fits me perfectly!
Kudos to Gustin for the great job on my #107 Zimbs. These closed funded June 20, and were promised for this August. They shipped June 30 and arrived July 1. This is the fastest and most ahead of schedule of any of the many Gustin jeans I have purchased. Love my Zimbs!
Depends on how much room you have in your sanforized gustin skinnies. If you have extra room, go for the Loomstate in Skinny. On that fine day when they finally arrive at your home, do a cold soak first and let them dry. If you still have excess room in the legs and thighs, then try a hot soak.
I have the Loomstates from the original campaign. My Gustin size (in Sanforized) is between 29 and 30 slim. I followed Gustin's advice and went with 32 slim in the Loomstates, and they fit me perfectly. After soaking, they will stretch out in the waist and hips, where they are under stress, but will retain their shrinkage in other areas. Mine now measure like a 30 skinny, except where the waist stretched back out. These are my favorite Gustin jeans. Go for it!