or Connect

Posts by bsmith

I have been pondering this question for some time. Does any company make single pleated pants (reletively inexpensive, if possible) and could a younger man pull double pleats off?? I know that flat-front is the going style now, but my body isn't shaped well enough for them to fit how I like. Pleats help, but I feel like I am "dressing too old" so to speak if I am wearing double pleated Dockers. (No offense to anyone, it's just that it is a problem when I am wanting to...
So I have been thinking about what would be good for a summer cologne. I honestly don't know the first thing about them or if there are certain occasions for them or what. Basically, I am just curious as to some ideas. Since summer is coming up, I thought something light would be nice. Plus I need something new for the clubs and such. Anyone have any ideas? I am also a college student, so I am looking for something(s) to be no more than around $100. Any ideas, thoughts...
what style of shoe are you looking for?? dress or more casual?? even though there has been some hatred expressed about kenneth coles, i have to ask are you wearing the reaction line or the kenneth cole line?? the reaction line is a molded outsole. much cheaper than the top kenneth cole line (at around $120 as opposed to $200-$300), the reactions, i have found through my sales, last quite a long time.
I really enjoy hearing all of your responses. I do have quite a collection of dress clothes for the job. I prefer microfiber pants, and most any shirt would do fine (only long sleeve, though. I never do short sleeves and a tie). I enjoy being dressed nice. I feel, though, that it defeats the purpose when not all employees are put at the same standard. It's hard to lead by example when most of the girls don't want to be there anyway. I was hoping to find a medium that I...
Well, I am going to try to make this as short as possible, so here it goes. My boss told me that the dress code at his family shoe store requires a tie. He says a tie is like a badge saying that I work there.  Now I am the only college guy working there along side about 8 girls. He said the reason he won't budge is that he feels he would create a slippery-slope in the dress code and it will eventually lead to khakis and polo shirts.  With the girls, though, this has...
I have a few questions concerning my wardrobe for work. Currently, the only thing that I have to have is a tie.  I am wanting to stay as casual as possible, because I have to wear these clothes all day on campus and the style is far from dress slacks and dress shirts. My question is what tie patterns can be seen as casual. I am thinking even more casual than Dockers and a casual dress shirt. Any ideas?
The only thing that I can add to all this is to be sure you get the right stuff for the right type of leather. You don't want to use polish on an oil-tanned leather, nor many cleaning products on suede/nubuck. Polish is mostly reserved for dress shoes. For oil-tanned leather, I have found that Dr. Martin has a great product. It is a lanolin/beeswax compound that oils the shoe great, but doesn't leave it as dark as mink oil. Plus since it is a wax, it repels water to a...
Now this is something that I do now, and I would like to know if I am wrong. All the shorts I own are khaki and I like to wear heather grey and darker grey. Would I be wrong to put these two together? I see khaki as being close to brown and grey being close to black, and I always believed not to mix black and brown. Am I being too picky, or should a steer clear from doing this?
I go to top 10 basketball school, and honestly, I would say to play. But only do it if you want. If you aren't happy, who cares if you can make the team or not. College ball is more serious and you have to really love it. Love it the whole way or let it go. If you do it just to please him, then you are in it for the wrong reasons. Find something that you love to do and do it. Your happiness is what matters. Your school, your memories. Think that in 10 years, do you...
Thanks for the replies. Now I worry about it. Basically it is a store in a Mall-like environment. In some mall stores you see sales people in ties, no jacket. Personally, I would rather just see Dockers and a polo shirt, but it's not my choice. But thanks again to all whole replied..