or Connect

Posts by Understatesman

He died for our GMTO.  
 It's not them, it's me. I tend to wear dark black jeans or pants a lot. The darkness of these wouldn't be enough of a contrast to pull off with black. I own a natty CXL as well, and those work well with jeans, though I'm thinking I prefer a slimmer silhouette these days so might unload those too and just opt for a nice derby. Definitely keeping my 3Sixteen Stealths as my beater boot, though.
 Nope, 3Sixteen ain't got time fo' dat. They'll only exchange for a different size if available.
 Da, da, dummmmmm .... Size 8.
Woohoo! Got my Viberg/3Sixteen's in today.       And .... they're going on Ebay. Gorgeous boot as usual, but I'm just not a fan of the color.
Anyone in here lucky enough to pick up one of the Schott/3Sixteen Perfecto jackets? Share pics, please!
So I addressed my brass eyelet issue.   The problem: I hate my shiny yellow brass eyelets on my natty CXL boots. Most accessories I wear are silver or stainless steel and they just don't work for me.   The solution: Sharpie   I went at all of them with a black Sharpie, but admittedly did a sloppy job and it didn't turn out very clean. I do like the brownish tinge it gives the brass though. Had I done a better job I would have been done with it.     You can see...
 Wonder why they named them after Mr. Roper?  "Come and knock on my door..."
Question: what size are Viberg service boot eyelets? Looking to possibly replace myself rather than deal with the hassle of shipping boots here and there and risk losing them in the shitty mail service I've been experiencing lately. Eyeballing what I've seen at craft stores seems to me like they're 6mm or quarter-inch eyelets.   Also, any examples of gunmetal or silver eyelets on natural cxl boots? I hate my polished yellow brass eyelets and want something less flashy.