or Connect

Posts by bigbadbuff

I have always liked the Speedy but do want an automatic. That watch has lost a little bit of luster for me over the years, I feel like if I was going to spend 2.5-3k for a good example, I am close in price to other things I like a lot more.Tudor Prince/Breitling/Perregaux, not a fan.I really like the El Primero, probably my favorite chrono in a few iterations. It's hard to find on bracelet pre-owned from what I've seen.The Aqua Terra's are nice, I love the blue dial, but...
Back again to get help on deciding what to buy. For reference I just bought an oyster bracelet smooth bezel silver dial stick marker 36mm Datejust. Looking for something more sporty/casual to alternate it with. My requirements are: It's on bracelet and versatile for dressing up and down Can be found under 4k relatively easily Not too thick as I wear long sleeve dress shirts for work Doesn't exceed 40-42mm, as I don't like big watches and have relatively small wrists (6...
All those old Oyster/Date/Datejusts have a nice appeal to them IMO. I don't know how that specific reference is thought of, it's all sports model love for Rolex on WIS sites. I find it hilarious that within a day of getting the exact same watch/dial color (sans fluted bezel), Hodinkee does a writeup on it. They do hit on a lot of things that I have long loved about it. http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/rolex-datejust-review Gratuitous poorly done wrist shot
My Datejust is inbound, so I am moving on to find a casual companion piece. I'm keeping the cost absolutely, positively below 4k. Pre-owned is definitely on the table and even preferred. 4K is a very annoying limit, as decent examples of most of the watches I like are just out or range- but with another baby in the short term plans it's now or wait 10 years. The current contenders in no particular order: 1) Omega SpeedMaster 3570.50- a classic, and a watch I have...
Although it would never be mistaken for a sport watch, IMO oyster bracelet/smooth bezel looks more casual, which is what I wanted. The fluted white gold is too bling-y for me. I wanted something with classic proportions that was understated.
Talk about a long decision making process- I can see posts in this thread from 4 years ago talking about getting this watch. It's finally happening this week: I'm in the extremely fortunate position of being able to get this as my dressier watch and something else yet to be finalized for more casual wear. I do prefer the all-brushed look of generations past, but this is a father's day/various other celebratory milestones culminating, so it was important to my wife that...
It's in no man's land right now. Earnings will run it back into the 500s or drop it into the mid 400s IMO. Worst mistake of my investing life was buying a ton (for me) of AAPL at $110 and selling a few months later for a completely unspectacular gain. Who knew. The value of patience and going long was learned the hard way.
I've got a list of surface questions going, might as well share to get this conversation going. Some of this you can find by Googling potential advisors. What are you financial planning credentials/designations/affiliations (CFP?) Are you personally licensed or registered as an investment advisor with the state. How about the firm. What is your area of speciality, what services do you offer Type of client/situation you routinely deal with/target Are you a registered...
Plenty of stuff out there on this topic but wanted to get some real world advice here. I will be meeting with 5-6 people in the coming weeks with the hopes of finding one to serve in what I would term a broad advisory role; investment and tax advice being first and foremost. The person will manage assets. I'm specifically interested in asking the right questions to see what kind of track record the person has. Being in business for a long time, alphabet soup acronyms,...
I thought this was the 1st episode in a series when I sat down to watch, turns out it is a 30 minute film. Watch it, it's got maybe the best ending of a movie all year.