or Connect

Posts by bigbadbuff

Alden (and to a much greater extent, AE) has the reputation of 'not perfect' quality control. You will generally find that the European makers have stricter QC. That said, unless it's just a glaring problem (which seems to be exceedingly rare) it's nothing to be concerned with. Any new shoes I buy, I give a 'once over', and if I see no problems in that 30 second window, on they go and that's that.AE has, in MY opinion, HORRIBLE quality control. I was at a store 2 weekends...
I think most people would expect a $700 shoe to have no plainly visible 'faults', especially those unfamiliar with Alden's quirks. While I agree it's no big deal I can also see the other side of the fence. I would echo others here and say spend 2 minutes on them, it will be so much quicker and easier than exchanging.
Apologies if this is old news- TSM has color 8/black shell Indy's fully stocked...
Ok, break it to me gently. If I wanted to try and get on a list for either of the following: Cigar or Ravello LWB Cigar or Ravello Tanker or Indy boot I guess I want to know how much of a pipe dream these are in 2015 and if they are not, best places to inquire about getting on a list...
Who does this makeup? I assume it's Color 8 LWB w/antique edge? Loveeee that.
Those have been worn. They are not new (I would not expect creases like that with even a floor model). So, it's up to you whether $360 is a good deal for used (but appear to be in very good shape) Indys. Do they look different than the pics in the auction?
Forgive the newbie q, but I have seen a few posts recently about getting pairs like this from EPaulet at discount. Are they seconds? If not, I thought Alden was clamping down on retailers putting their stuff on sale. The only way I can imagine accumulating several pairs is if they are more in the $365 range, and I could care less about them being seconds, so I am all ears... thanks.
Haven't seen these mentioned in the thread yet. I am looking to start my Alden collection, and I wanted to start with a more rugged shoe that paired well with jeans/chinos. I would have probably gone with the Innsbruck but they are out of my size. These are an alpine grain on commando. I plan on getting something like these and a LWB for a bit dressier option to start out. Opinions?
I apologize if this has been asked before, I've done some cursory searching in the thread and didn't turn up an answer. I am interested in getting some LWB's to wear with grey/khaki/blue chinos and jeans. Love the Alden version, specifically the tobacco color in the JCrew colab. A few questions: 1) How is the fit of JCrew's version compared to to other versions on the Barrie last? 2) Are there other iterations of this model thru other retailers (EPaulet, Leather Soul,...
I have always liked the Speedy but do want an automatic. That watch has lost a little bit of luster for me over the years, I feel like if I was going to spend 2.5-3k for a good example, I am close in price to other things I like a lot more.Tudor Prince/Breitling/Perregaux, not a fan.I really like the El Primero, probably my favorite chrono in a few iterations. It's hard to find on bracelet pre-owned from what I've seen.The Aqua Terra's are nice, I love the blue dial, but...