or Connect

Posts by bigbadbuff

Those Cooneys are some of the best looking boots Alden makes IMO. Not interested in the Hummus suede myself, the next time they run these in snuff I will instantly buy.
While you're right that it is a pattern imprinted over older calfskin, that process does make it a harder wearing shoe and more weather resistant. There's a reason it is a common material on casual English shoes. If you call C&J for example and tell them you want a shoe with good water resistance this is what they are going to recommend to you...
I wear a 10.5D in Barrie, I have what I certainly would consider wide feet. Barrie is about perfect fit for me. I also just bought snuff suede LHS without trying on the Van last first- no question it's not as wide as Barrie but Barrie isn't tight on me. Because of the give of suede it fits me well but I probably couldn't do shell/normal calfskin in that same size. If I were you I would try 8.5E. They do make them in E.I would also expect some stretch in the size you have...
Many of Alden's best models are suede IMO. I just got the unlined LHS in Snuff Suede, which seems like it will be incredibly versatile. I also really want the short wing in snuff on commando that B&M has...
+1. Yenni is probably doing more unique models than anyone else. Some of the fall/winter stuff sounds fantastic.
I got a pair of these as well, seems to be a problem with the sole on the right shoe (minor), otherwise I love them.
Who's to say what the future holds, but to this point Carmina has been one of the most accomodating shoemakers there is for small MTO/GMTO...
Any thoughts on the Autumn/Winter collection? The Galway looks pretty fantastic, very versatile with some different laces.
To those that say Aldens come in waves, you're right. I have been waiting for months for some desired pairs in my size to pop up in B/S here and Ebay- pretty much nothing for a good 4-5 months. Now, within the past week, 3 pairs acquired. Crazy how that works.
TSM irregulars list out...