or Connect

Posts by REguy

Any chance the chestnut brogue will be part of the lower priced City Collection?
I think EG trees fill their shoes better than generic trees. My 888 lasted shoes have always come with rounded trees, but they fit really well. However, my EG for RLPL on the 888 have come with lasted trees.
Replacing a top lift is a job any cobbler should be able to handle with ease.
The Fitz is most like the Aberdeen. I wear a 10.5 in the Aberdeen, 10 in the Barrie, and a 9 UK in the Fitz. Many others would probably wear a 9.5, but Carmina's Forest and Rain are both 9 UK for me. The 9 in the Forest is snug, but a 9.5 would be too large. I think the way the correct size Carminas fit relative to Alden is very different. Carminas are a closer fit, whereas Alden is more voluminous.
Shawnc, were you able to get the Carminas for less than they're selling the, on their own site? If so, could you PM the name of your store? I'd buy a pair in a heartbeat at that price.
I like these. Are they as dark as they look in the photo?
With all the ravello lust lately, here's a great alternative (and I would argue a much better value for the price). Carmina has cognac LWBs for a little over $600. Looks like they're on dainite, but beggars can't be choosers. http://www.shop.carminashoemaker.com/articulo.asp?idarticulo=5371957
They are the very first Alden Fan shoe from Alden of Carmel and made in 1996. Aberdeen last. Whiskey shell body with mahogany shell saddle.
That's an Alden of Carmel make-up from way back when.
Good to know. Thanks.