or Connect

Posts by SkinnyGoomba

PK tables are sexpots. My favorite coffee table of his is actually the 63 with a soaped marble top.
Most of what I've seen are called 'monkey poles', for instance Brian Van Fleet has a good design for that. You could also take what I've designed ( or modified to fit my purpose) and remove the solid top, add two stretchers across the top underside and a few battens and then use a slatted top. All of my pots have small feet (with exception to those big flats and plastic shits) so I went with a solid top. I felt it would protect the stretcher and joinery from constant...
Jasper Morrison's plate tables are not too out there, in marble I think they are $1700~
Lol, after this I need a break from white oak for a while. I've actually had to order some white steel chisels made for use with a steel hammer to make life easier when using this material in the future. I'm building some sculpture stands after this that shouldn't be too difficult to modify so that they can be built with a little more ease. I'm using Hell tenons to attach the top, but they could be subbed for plain tenons and glue or screws.
It should start becoming clear what my design looks like in this post. The dovetailed key through tenon is completed in both sides; Please note that the top is just resting on the base at this point, I'll be cutting joinery for that as well. The center upright support is complete; This is the side with a wedged support which is removable. And here is the fixed side, and you can see I cut a groove to clock the support at 90 degrees. The top is next and I'll be...
Started building an outdoor bench for my trees, wanted something low so that they are easy to water. I'm building this in white oak and utilizing interlocking joinery which should allow it to survive many years in full sun. I find it important that outdoor furniture have interlocking joinery because the wood will go through many cycles of getting wet and drying. The planks for the top have been edge jointed, glued and face jointed, they're set for finish planing next...
Sorry for the late reply. I have XOM, CVX, RDS.A, BP, COP. The first three I've owned for years.
Nice stuff ed, I don't know much about the accent plants, but the trees look like good stuff. I like the twin redwoods a lot, there is a redwood group planting at Allshapes that I really like. Are you into junipers at all? Yes, I agree that Walters routine sounds like a full time job.
I love walter palls blog, he is a riot. I know exactly what you mean, takes a lot of forward planning. Speaking of Walter, what do you thinking of his soil/fertilizer situation? Seems awesome, but I am using some organics because I can't rely on twice a day watering.
I wired up my hornbeam in copper, it's harder to work but easier on the branch (IMO) since it work hardens to set. I don't find I need to wire a lot on them, but I did want to move a few bigger branches. The small cutters are for removing wire on the small branches, they're useful. The big ones are for everything else.There is sooooo much info out there on fertilizer and soil it makes your head spin. I've been buried in it for weeks and weeks and finally settled on...