or Connect

Posts by SkinnyGoomba

Doesn't offend me much, but it will certainly reduce the value if that matters to you.
Thanks Finn!
Tough to have an entire room to display your antique weapons when you live in a smaller place, as mentioned the OP lives in an apartment. Given the choice between living room and bedroom, I'd put it in the living room. I think I would be more unnerved by someone having an armoury in their house than two swords in their living room, but neither would really bother me.
It's my take that Idfnl likes to be devil's advocate as a way of understanding other points of view. This is a fair approach and has created some of the more interesting side bar topics. I have never taken it to be malicious or as chest pounding, just as a way to further the discussion by having one expound on their point.
I've put some thought into this, and I appreciate the offer but I think I'll pass. I don't stand to gain much insight, personally, as I will not be buying a rove product and the original of the leather is going to be nearly impossible to find.My personal favorite leathers in terms of quality are Prima from Spinneybeck, Carl Hansen's SIf (rightly named after the goddess), Fritz Hansen's elegance and Poultra Frau's top shelf stuff (don't know the name off hand). What...
Interesting, nice joinery!
FedEx those samples to me, I will pay for the shipping.I was not attempting to be a smart ass with my reply, I am being genuine. I do actually know the difference, where as you are going by 'smell and feel', both things that can be easily manipulated in the first instance of dealing with a leather but neither will last a lifetime. The feel of something can be manipulated through coatings which do not last.The quality of the hide, which does not need to be finished, is...
That smell is called out gassing, it's actually very good that the prima and Edelman do not smell. This experiment was mostly for you, I already know what top leathers look feel and smell like.
Couple things; Swatches are cut from the outskirts, they do not chop up hides for swatches, so be mindful that the leather thickness on the usable part of the hides is likely comparable. Next, are you looking at the same hides as I am? The fine graining on the prima should be a good indicator of the quality of the hides they use for that leather,
IIRC You were planning to post up pictures of what you were working on at the time, have you had a chance to post them up?