or Connect

Posts by yosef777

Meistser, I agree, everyone buys what they like and it comes down to personal preference. My original post (and the subject this thread) was to express my reasoning for why someone should/would pay  twice as much for SC's compared to Vass. As far as the manufacturer passing on the cost savings on to a consumer as 'the way it is supposed to work' that is open for debate IMO but is probably better suited to a thread on business, economics, ethics, political ideology or a...
Chogall, Thanks for the clarification/correction, I thought the Hermes/John Lobb were produced in Paris. (Which helps explain why my Hermes/Lobb shoes didn't impress me as much as my SC's.) Also, I agree that the bespoke John Lobb is of higher quality than SC's (as would most any reputable bespoke shoemaker, Cleverly, G&G, etc.). but that is apples vs. oranges IMO. As far as paying a premium on products manufactured in China, Vietnam, Bangalore that is a bit speculative...
Meister, I understand your point of view and I agree SC's are not inexpensive. Can I  assume you also stunned at the cost of Lobb, Gaziano & Girling, both of whom have a similar price point of SC's or is it that you feel there is a stigma attached to 'Made in Romania' , of which I understand but do not subscribe to?  The fact that Vass also offers handmade shoes (of lesser quality than SC's, IMO) at a lower price point is irrelevant to me.  What is relevant to me is that...
I understand what you are saying in regards to where SC's are manufactured and their (I assume) lower manufacturing costs but the quality is what is most important to me. Vass is a very nice shoe but as I stated earlier, I think that  SC's are on par with (or nicer than) Lobb's made in Paris, G&G's or Green's made in England, etc. IMO, Vass is of lesser quality than all of the those mentioned. and therefore their product should not cost as much regardless of where it is...
Having both SC's (on the chisel and riva lasts) and Vass (on u lasts, the only one worth having IMO) there is no comparison, I have to go with SC's. Granted they are double in price but IMO, they are worth it. From the finish (SC's are so much more refined and elegant) to quality of leather/suede (again, SC's are more luxurious and finer) to the overall fit/feel, SC is superior. To use an automobile analogy the SC's are Bentley while the Vass are Jaguar, both are nice but...
I apprecaite the quick responses by all and although it may appear so in the photos it is definitely NOT a stain on the vent areas but a stitching/bulkier fabric issue specific to my NSM jacket or perhaps more generally to half lined jackets, not sure. Despos analysis of the vent situation seems more to the point as the bulkiness is definitely due to the folded fabric although  I am not sure Mina and Dino are aware/want to use tape for the seams from their initial...
I recently bought my first NSM jacket and have been impressed by the Mina and Dino's professionalism and overall pleasantness. However, I have a few questions/concerns of my own. To be clear this is my first 'bespoke' Neopolitan jacket (after many MTM jackets/suits from RL Black Label, I know 'apples and oranges' but thought I should mention it). Also, I used a relatively, heavier herringbone fabric and opted for a two button jacket rather than the typical (3/2 roll) and I...