or Connect

Posts by beaur

Visited the Maftei trunk show yesterday, despite the weather in NYC.  Roxana couldn't have been nicer to someone who came in not wanting shoes right now.  There were a lot more shoes there than I expected.  They had just started making wholecuts and she had a few of them prominently displayed.  From an admitted novice point of view the construction of the shoes seems first rate.  I can't tell you if there is any structural, or wearing issue with pegged construction but...
Don't have too many words for these.  Did anyone else see these?  Hopefully the story will come out because I would be fascinated to know the back story.     http://saintcrispinsblessing.tumblr.com/post/71850183083/john-lobb-paris-bespoke-18k-gold-sole
Well assuming he doesn't want to match a pocket square or some other accessory, I'd go with purple.  More aubergine than lavender would be my preferred shade.
Another fine example of single color shoes that will fit the period:   Maybe lace them with a color?
Thanks for the answer.  I had emailed them also before but I just tried again.  Hopefully see you there!!
Come along Rupert, the girls showers are off limits.
I thought I would share with the thread a pair of my rescue shoes.  I found these side lace oxfords (??) being neglected on eBay and they actually fit when I received them.  I have been trying to find the time for some better pictures and I will take some if people are interested.  When I received them I thought they would have to be resoled but the cobbler said no and polished/cleaned them and put a thin leather pad in the bottom.  They are different and I have received...
Well my philosophy is always keep it as simple as possible. The easy choice would be a pair of spectator's, white and with the contrast color say to match his tie or other accessory.  My choice would be a simple yet adventurous all white saddle oxford as pictured below.  You could vary the shading if you wish but I'd stick pretty close to all white.  Would have to be careful about his sock choice but I think it would look great and he could easily use the shoes at other...
Once more into the breech:   $450
I'll go $375.