or Connect

Posts by NilsXV

Just arrived: navy shell 973 E width Rain from GMTO, fits like Simpson as Steve promissed. Apologies for iphone quality pics (Also navy shell strap on the IWC Ingenieur 866 blue sun ray). Now waiting for the cognac shell 973's ...
Thanks GooseG! I was thinking along these lines, but hesitating and will now follow your advice. My worry is that a larger size will be too wide, while my current width fits perfectly, could be even a little bit more narrow. In order to tests sizing further before taking the shell plunge I have decided to buy a pair of 2 eyelet suede chukka's first (was planning to buy them anyway) in 1 full size larger, but B size in stead of my current D. According to general sizing...
Sizing question Have been wearing my unlined CXL Venetians on boat sole for 2 weeks now. After a few days breaking them in they fit like gloves. I ordered 0,5 size or so too small, based on an earlier recommendation of the salesman of my Timberland 3 eyelet CXL boats (out of stock for years now, only available in 2 eyelet). Those have been my favorite shoes for more more than 10 years and made me get used to the flexibility of the CXL leather and to all (!) toes just...
Green shell camps is not my original idea: http://maxminimus.blogspot.nl/2012/09/trad-ivy-tuesday-kobe-beef-burger-of.html (scroll down the blog). 1 photo copied here because they are so absolutely and completely stunning imo (courtesy Maxminimus): I will probably order with brick red boat sole (again) and brown midsole, for the rest identical to Maxminimus' version. But you've got me thinking now about alternative soles. The dark olive boats will likely be with...
Yep, brown CXL. Sizing 9,5 and 9. Indeed a very great benefit of MTO. Interestingly the soles are same size, uppers differ in size. Visible for the keen eye as difference seems only in plug length, instep length seems equal.
Yep, winter is coming, but received my summer 2014 venetians today. Started breaking them in for an hour now. Enough time left to be ready for next season.Great snug fit as hoped / planned (my very first pair of shoes with different sizes for my different sized feet: realy great!).First pair of Rancourts and first post here, long time lurker though. SF was/is great intro and source to the brand, thanks to all posting here.Now the sizing is clear planning a few more...