or Connect

Posts by chiliinabowl

I think I am just looking for an excuse to buy some semi-dress boots.
 Several pages back I described a fitting issue I had. I am submitting this update to report that I had the issue resolved (remade by White's) and they now fit perfect. Andrew at Baker's did a great job of helping me out. I went ahead and had White's change the lowers to brown CXL. Now for my next pair! My work environment is casual (jeans) and I purchased the BHs with that in mind. As luck would have it I have just accepted a position in a business casual (khakis/chinos)....
They are built with a single mid-sole. I agree with your "custom" fit comment and thoughts on heel slippage. That is why I just decided to go ahead and wear them in earnest as opposed to just walking around my house. I figured I really needed to break them in to see if they fit. Unfortunately this eliminates my option to return them so I might as well give it more time. As a comparison I tried on my 15 year old SLs (I don't wear them much anymore) and to my surprise they...
That's pretty funny, you are dealing with the same thing! I probably looked at 80 pages of this thread but missed that one. When you say you shelved your BHs for now does that mean they are still eligible for return? I have worn mine outside so I am guessing they are not.
    Thanks for your comments all. The whole classic brown/british tan thing is a bit odd. You'd think they would just stick to one to avoid confusion. I fretted over which to pick for a week!
I must have done something wrong, no pics. Trying again...      

The folks at Bakers told me that they were getting a lot of complaints, I can't recall why. They said White's was soon to discontinue offering the commando mini lug half sole. Thanks for the comments on color.
I have researched the hell out of these boots but would still appreciate some thoughts on a few specific details.   1. SD vs SJ toe shapes. I have a pair of SJs purchased in 1998 in 10.5EE. They have what appears to be a more "pointed" toe than the images I see of the SD. "Pointed" is relative I guess. The toe is still rounded on my SJs, but there is definitely a noticeable angle of descent from the balls of my feet to the tip of the toe box. The SD photos all seem to...