or Connect

Posts by phorm

Another vote for the Roy here. I agree that you can always find another pair of indy boots later.
i did keep the smaller size, half a size down--same as my Barrie size. i like the shoes a lot. i can wear them to the office with work slacks and then wear them on the weekend with jeans. for a purely casual shoe, i like my shell LWBs better, but it's a great shoe in its own way.
true, i know all about instant gratification! that's the reason why i ordered both sizes. i usually do my best to figure out my size and just order one shoe. but for the marlow, i saw that it was all over the place for different people so i got both sizes so i didn't have to deal with waiting for an exchange if i guessed wrong. even in the store, sometimes i'll walk around with two different sizes for a while before deciding which fit i like better. i thought that...
I know I said it before, but I suggested ordering and trying on both tts and a half size down because sizing is all over the place. It's not just about width of the shoe and having a snug fit. The damn sole is so freaking thick that if you're wrong about the length, the heel slip is massive. For me, it slipped so much that I don't think I could have possibly broken in the sole at all by walking around. It was like having a wooden board strapped to the bottom of my feet.
Crockett & Jones Harvard unlined loafers in Horween whiskey shell cordovan. These are size 8D and fit true to size. I wear an 8.5D and these are just a bit too tight for me to wear. Free shipping in the CONUS
Purchased from Tres Bien Store. Decided to keep the burgundy pair and sell the black ones. Tried on a few time at home, but did not walk around in them. I am an 8.5D, wear an 8D Barrie and these are definitely the right size for me. Free shipping in the CONUS.
I can't wait to see the midnight calf oxfords in real life. They really do look like they turned out awesome!
If it works out, I'd be interested in an Audley III. It's a Japan-only shoe as far as I'm aware, so that's why you don't see it around.
Marlow runs a bit large, but not as large as the Barrie. I wear an 8D in both the Marlow and Barrie, but some people end up TTS in the Marlow. I ordered both an 8 and an 8.5 and kept the pair that fit better when shopping for the Marlow.
Yep, I didn't say because I thought I had implied that clearly enough by stating that the Harvards are unlined, but you are absolutely correct.