or Connect

Posts by bengal-stripe

Use google images: "John Lobb Saint Crispin year" should come up at least with the last ten years. You might not find the very early models on google anymore. After all, JL has been doing the annual "Saint Crispin" model for maybe 20 years.Here are the designs for the last three years:201320122011
It took me a bit to work it out, but the G&G site has captions for dunces like us who don’t get it: Singapore Europe I still prefer google-map!
The style is called "Herrick" (which I believe is the Ralph Lauren name), otherwise known as "Montford".http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?75623-Edward-Green-Herrick-Anyone-have-a-pairEG might have had the design in their collection a long time ago and produced a small run for RL in early 2000 or so (on last 89). Subsequently they refused to produce them any more as special order.That refusal is several years ago, It is possible they might be willing...
Don't get the wood soaked, otherwise it might crack during drying. Hold the brush at an angle under running warm water. Put a dollop of shampoo on top of the wet bristles and run your fingers through the bristles for a minute or so and produce a good lather. Then rinse under running water until all the water runs clear. You'll be amazed how much muck will rinse out. Then dry with the bristles down (to prevent all the water sitting in the wood).
Thanks! - Sent the previous message to the new address.If they reply, fine. If not, life is too short to worry about bespoke shirts.
Well, I did send them a mail about a week ago (using Ms Delero's address, which Simon Crompton had published previously).I was never found worthy of a reply! Not even: "Go away, we're fully booked!"
Footwear is created around feet to protect them. What type of footwear is required differs from one geographical area to another,Every item of footwear has a section you walk on, so even a bag has a sole (section). But not all types of shoe construction use an insole. Most notable example is the American moccasin, which is essentially a bag with the structural seam running on top of the shoe. Although in modern times the moccasin has gained an outer sole (which wasn't...
“Bologna”, “Sacceto”, “Tubolare” are all shoe constructions derived from moccasin construction and do not use a conventional insole (although sometimes a lose insole might be added if you do not want the extreme flexibility these constructions are able to offer).Shoe by SantoniOn top of my head I can think of at least three classic shoe constructions “Moccasin”, “Turn-Shoe” and “Opanka” which are not built around an insole (I'm sure there are more).After all, a bag of one...
Have another look.Basically the two drawings are the same construction method, one with an inside feather and the other one “Norvegese” in the standard Italian technique without a feather, just poked through the insole. (Yes, I know in the drawing the stitch should have come from significantly further back, otherwise it is likely to tear out of the insole.)But the main difference between the Italian “Norvegese” and the “Norwegian” construction is not featured in the...
It's quite possible those are not "Sam Browne" studs, but the principle of the studs seems to apply: small stud, large hole/slit; so the button/stud is easily put into place by downward pressure. The button holes look to me extremely large and stitched with thread on a button hole sewing machine. However it was done, it appears there is no need for a button hook.But for all we know, it's perfectly possible (to save the maid's wages) the whole metal work is simply...