or Connect

Posts by bengal-stripe

The Bonafe boot is not a Goyser welt (with the welt strip stitched on the outside) but is in Norwegian construction (with the upper folded to the outside, forming a "welt"). As far as I know, Vass will not do Norwegian.But to be absolutely certain, you should ask Vass what they will, or will not do.
My grandmother had a huge collection of gloves (short-ones, long-ones, lacy for the summer, fur-lined for the winter) and she was a firm believer in washing gloves, at least those that could be washed (I don't know if deer skin was in that group). The danger is the leather turns hard after washing and drying. So her routine was to put on the gloves and wash them with a bit of shampoo under running water (just like washing your hands). After washing, she let them dry on a...
You might want to get in touch with the manufacturers directly. Their wholesale prices will depend on the expected size of your order, whether you want to get stock items or have your own styles made on the last you have designed, They also might have contracts with dealers in your town or agents in your country and might not be able to supply you (or ask for all negotiations to go through their agent). Nobody in the forum here will be able to give you a correct answer.
Just a guess: it might be camel leather. http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2014/04/camel-the-new-exotic-by-corthay.html The quarters look like the camel leather I know, the vamp has a much coarser texture, But maybe the Corthay shoes are baby-camel while Aubercy uses a fully grown beast and certain sections (belly or hump) develop some kind of stretch marks as the animal grows to its full size. Your best bet might be to contact Aubercy.
There is always Jun Kuwana - King Croesus of the bespoke shoe world.http://homepage2.nifty.com/cobblers-web/Apart from one pair by Koji Suzuki, Kuwana hasn't had any commissions from Japanese shoemakers. Most of his bespoke shoes come from Cleverley and Fosters. He presents them with many detailed photographs and English descriptions.There is also a blog where he talks about shoes and fashion in general. The blog is Japanese only, but if you access it through Google...
New leather sole have a "finish". They get stained/painted to look attractive. That finish sits just on the surface and will wear off very quickly. That doesn't mean, the substance of the leather itself will be affected and wear out at the same speed as the finish wears off.
Did Edward Green throw the watch in as a freebie? (I never got more out of them than a tin of polish!)I'd almost thought it was a genuine Audemars Piguet 'Royal Oak'.Isn't it amazing how convincing those cheap Chinese replica watches look .
Genuine, but not of recent vintage:
Presumably that shoe (1910), in the collection of the Northampton shoe museum, is one of the seamless whole-cuts made by this Northampton guy . It might have been an entry for one of the numerous shoemaking competitions, which were very popular in England until the 1930s. The shoes are unworn and the entry might have been just a single shoe (traditionally the left one).
That's right! - All-American girl of French descent (although a bit empty in the head)Here are two more samples: [[SPOILER]]