or Connect

Posts by bengal-stripe

Hackett's own label shoes (the top of the range) is made by Carmina.http://www.hackett.com/gb/accessories/shop-by-product/shoes#/page/1I know of no other retailer in England that stocks Carmina.
I'm sure, the MBC™ (whoever it is) would appreciate some nice heckling from the upper galleries!
Anthony Delos is now an employee of Berluti in Paris. You would have to contact him through the company.
I'll bet we can find your MBC™ on the list of those who found your announcement helpful.
The closure are 'Sam Browne Studs', quite popular in leather goods, but relatively rare in footwear.Nevertheless, I just collected the other week a pair of strapped boots and I decided to use Sam Browne studs as strap closure.What I find irritating is the blurring between the markings of ready-to-wear and bespoke shoes.The script 'John Lobb' (presumably the signature of the historic JL) is used lengthwise in JL Paris bespoke shoes and cross-wise, together with the...
Alternatively, invest in a 'Russian Wedding Ring', three intertwined bands in yellow-, white- and pink gold.
I personally have no experience with dying/patina on leathers. Some people have had very good experiences using the Saphir range of leather dyes. Over the weekend, I saw my shoemaker who has only recently started experimenting with the stuff and has come up with quite impressive results. So impressive, that I'm about to invest in a few bottles, and will be playing with it as well. As far as I know, the 'burnishing calf' is a crust while the 'aniline calf' is a fully...
.....the name of the American President elect might be Donald Trump.
The welting stitches are fanned-out to cope with the tight radius around the toe. The stitches around the toe have the same length as the other stitches (about 1/4") but on the inside they are much closer together due to the curvature. There is a danger that pulling the stitches tight could make them rip through the leather.Hence the reinforcement by either meandering a piece of thread between the stitches or placing an additional knot onto each stitch on the inside around...
I've used the wrong term: correct it is 'steel wool' or 'wire wool'.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_woolIn a fine grade it is far less abrasive than any semi-liquid polish which will incorporate some abrasive agent (usually ground minerals).