or Connect

Posts by bengal-stripe

The German company Goetz Service (probably the largest suppler of shoe making products in the world) offers in their current catalogue punches in these designs and sizes:Those punches are not cheap and very few firms will have a great number of different designs in all the various sizes.. They might have the odd diamond or heart left over from some previous job. Of course, if you as bespoke customer insists, they might buy-in a diamond-shaped punch just to fulfil your...
It appears the shoe is partially lined and the purple you see is the flesh-side (underside) of the upper leather. That is a creative decision the people at Lobb/Northampton have taken. You might like that or you might not, but it is not a production fault.
Not yet! - I'd rather preferred a fine cabinet with glass doors like Adolphe Menjou.
Fixed that!
Here are my forthcoming Nicholas Templeman shoes:That’s the vintage Freudenberg leather (the tannery closed down 2001/02) which NT managed to source and from which my uppers were cut:I strongly presume, these are Jerry’s loafers: the apron stitching (decorative, not joining two pieces) is consistent. Look at the logo and the missing fragments of ‘Germany’. This is obviously the same hide as the one in the previous picture:I have the suspicion, soon Jerry and yours truly...
Wear them in good health!
Watch the video "Saint Crispin's - the whole process" here.From 9:12 minutes on, you'll see the waist being pegged:
At least, that settles that!
Not forgetting punching the eyelets, presumably while the shoe is still on the last (otherwise it would be far too wobbly). You want to get your hole through upper leather and lining, but not trough the tongue. How do you insert something protective (wood, leather or plastic) between facing and tongue when there is virtually no space?I can see it much better working on a Derby as you can move back the facings to a much greater extend."Curiouser and curiouser" cried Alice...