or Connect

Posts by bengal-stripe

I presume, you have those Anthony Delos boots in mind which combine Norwegian with a bevelled waist and a braided heel.https://parisiangentleman.co.uk/2011/07/07/pg-exclusive-first-images-of-masterpiece-by-anthony-delos-best-artisan-in-france/You just have to decide what you want to do, what look you want to achieve, then you prepare the insole accordingly. In this case, a Norwegian fore-part (ball to ball) is followed by a short section of conventional welting and (what...
On the left is an insole prepared for for a conventional welt (all-round 360 degree), while the right insole has been prepared for Norwegian construction. The Norwegian has no outside feather, as the stitching does not come out on top of the welt (inside of the shoe and invisible in the finished shoe). In Norwegian construction the stitching emerges on the outside of the shoe. Once the stitching is in place, the upper leather is folded out to form the “welt”. An insole for...
You can always up the ante and go for the Yves Klein coffee table:Table 'Bleue', 1961
The hides get sand-blasted in the tannery.I think you'll ruin your shoes for good, if you were to attack a pair of finished shoes with a sand-blasting gun.
Just click onto the original poster's name, that will take you back to the original posting. Then the photograph will enlarge.Nevertheless, I've uploaded the picture for you again.
If I were you, I wouldn’t be too hasty in my conclusions.Here is a picture of the bottom on a bespoke shoe made by John Lobb (Paris) for forum member ’agjiffy’. There can be little doubt that JLP is one of the finest (and most expensive) shoemaking firms in the world. This shoe will have been produced over a bespoke last (from scratch), made for agjiffy and no-one else in the world.Here is another pair of agjiffy’s JLP bespoke shoes (presumably made over the same last)...
The constructive purpose was to show the both of you, how your stupid quarrels come across.But if you don't recognize that, what can I do?
We all love that movie, don't we?
You might have seen pictures of 'in welt' fittings showing a metal shank. But that's only temporarily, just for the trial. Occasionally a metal shank might be used, for a very heavy man and/or heels higher than the standard 1 1/8" (28 mm), but that's the exception.Also tarred felt is generally used, although, I believe, it is quite unpleasant to work with. I heard the story of an outworker (no longer in the trade) who disliked working with the felt so much, that he took...
A shank in strong leather (this a not a cover over a metal or wooden shank) and tarred felt as bottom filleris the classic method used by bespoke shoemakers in London's West-End.