or Connect

Posts by JodyHighroller

MACHETE MACHETE KILLS   All Marvel movies (excluding shitty X-men)
Where could I check out and order some real Mccoy to Canada? Google did not help...   Just picked up the same RRl shirt as above in a different color. Great shirt! Congrats ;) I'll post a picture of mine tomorrow.
Being in the market for some casual flannel shirts, I stopped by at Uniqlo after reading praise around here. I was kind of underwhelmed by the fit (I m tall and felt that they cut more for a smaller (japanese) demographic), thickness of the fabric (ok at that price point) and prints. Picked a RRL cotton shirt up instead. Quality of course is way better but that is expectable comparing prices: 189 - 29$ I think it really depends weather you are on a tight budget or not....
I m not into Backpacks but I liked the recent collaboration between Eastpak and Raf Simons. http://www.vooberlin.com/brands/raf-simons-eastpak Might not be big enough for the binders though.   Just do not get anything from Herschel's.
 True, KVA truely brought radical minimalism to Dior and Raf continues very nicely (after minimalism practice at Jil Sander). But I also think that earlier Hedi's slim, modern silouette at DH or just the monochrome pallet already were pretty simple in contrast to the 90ies with handsome, muscular models in flashy Versace or D&G.Hedi's black and white photography been minimal. Especially his first half at DH was more Berlin cypertechno, androgynous. After he got on the rock...
It's arguable but I would consider most big fashion houses conservative with incremental "change" like LV, gucci, hermes, Zegna, versace, chanel, mmm because they stick to signature silouettes, themes and patterns. Of course there might be ups and downs but customers buy these rather for the brand image and less for the current designer's influence. On the other hand, yes, you are right the allmighty dollar rules and some fashion houses just flip flop for hype profit and...
I think Dior Homme "looked to the future" because Hedi (at the time) liked minimalistic electronic music and the Berlin scene. Something intangible with an industrial, future outlook and technological feel to it. Consequently his pieces looked futuristic, straight-forward, minimal. Now at SLP he is into rock music which is old music by now old, iconic musicians, so his pieces have an "older feel" to it.All the chains etc. he incorporates at SLP are ornaments- something...
I think the "Aint no Saint Laurent without Yves" shirt has a point as opposed to most of these other silly "parody" shirts. A fashion house is interested in preserving with incremental innovation, thus pushes a designer into a certain direction (think LV and handbags) to protect the brand. To radical change like Hedi could go "wrong" from a maison's point of view. Consistency like Lagerfeld provides for Chanel or even an unknown team with a similar mindset at MMM...