or Connect

Posts by CTLION

An interesting development...I met with my current boss and resigned today. He refused to accept it and asked me to meet with him tomorrow. He told me to make a list of everything I wanted and he would make sure I got it if I stayed. He wants to know what divisions I want to run and how much money I want to run it. It was the most unusual meeting I have had in some time. More news tomorrow.
Some time back I wrote on this forum about how my CEO did not like the fact that I wore colorful socks with my suits. Today I am resigning to take a VP job with another company and as a parting gift I plan on giving him a pair of brightly colored polka dot socks. Not as an FU but rather to lighten the somber mood of my resignation.
I live in Florida and wears suits 5 days a week and for about 7 months the temperature is 90 degrees plus everyday. The weight is the most crucial. I have quite a few suits and anything with a mid to heavy weight has been donated. My favorite light weight summer suits are made by Castangia. They are light as a cloud. All of my suits are summer wools, some have a mix of silk or linen. You can be quite comfortable.
Over 14 hours of interviews, IQ tests, Psych Evals and I was offered the job last week.
Yes...two to the knee caps. But I will recover with one Hell of a strut.
I would say if you weren't there for a year I would not include it.The bigger issue with turnover is avoiding a trend. I am a good example of this...First major job - 6 yearsSecond major job - 7 yearsThird major job - 2.5 yearsCurrent job - 1 year (and I have a job offer on the table from another company that sought me out)I can accept this job, however it has to be a great fit for me. Worst case scenario I have to put in at least 3 years and I could argue 5 or more. I am...
Fortunately (for me) Harold it's not the type of interview you are accustomed to (clearly), but if that helps you get a head (oh yes pun intended), who am I to judge?I have received an offer from the company and I countered with a proposal of my own. I am not sure if they will accept my terms which means I need to be prepared to walk away from this amazing opportunity.
I recently had a company reach out to me to gauge my interest in working for them. I had no idea what the process would be like, or how long it would take. If memory serves this process started in June. Here is the breakdown: 1 hour interview with corporate recruiter (2 weeks later) 2 hour interview with President of Division (2 weeks later) 30 minute interview with another Division President (2 weeks later) 2 hour online test testing math, verbal and personality 1.5...
It's a good question and one that is important for the current times. Unfortunately I think this is kind of the sign of the times. As I check resumes for people I am considering hiring I see a lot of turnover. It's not uncommon to find 1 and 2 year stints where years ago it was a big deal not to have at least 5 years at a company before leaving. I am in a similar spot. I have a company that has pursued me, and I have spent just a year in my current position. On Monday the...
I need to go pick up some dress shirts. I had custom made for me. A bit worries about one of them. I decided to experiment and ordered a brown and white gingham dress shirt with white collar and white cuffs. I also purchased a white linen pocket square with brown trim and a solid brown Tom Ford tie. The combo will either look fantastic or terrible.