or Connect

Posts by CTLION

As to the question of brand. I don't think brand is all that important. That being said I can afford the italian suits and to be quite frank they fit my frame much better than their American, Canadian and British counterparts. I gravitate to the suits that make me look my best. It doesn't mean one is better than the other, as beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Unfortunately for me the suits that fits me like a glove are my Castangia suits, which also happen to be my...
You get used to it. Once your body adjusts you are fine, that being said come summer I don't spend a ton of time outside in a suit. All of my suits are summer wool, my Canali suit is a wool, silk, linen blend.
Forgive the terrible photo, but just to keep you from calling me a fraud, I thought I would take a quick shot of my closet. If you look at the colors and patterns you can match them up to which maker is which.Not the best photo, agreed...You can also see something that I don't share with most people. I organize my suits at least a week in advance with the suit, shirt, tie and socks picked out specifically for the meetings on the books. I put a lot of thought into who I am...

Can't answer the filling the hole question. I wear suits so their is some practicality to purchasing them. I would never say I cherish them, but I do appreciate a nice suit. My thought: If you are going to wear a suit, you should at least do everything you can to look your best in it. Brand is one thing and certainly not the most important. I would rank the fit of the suit higher, and yet it is something I am always working on with my suits. Just last week I took one of...
I am not the best at photos, but I will try to oblige. Not sure I understand the quote: "pictures are in didn't happen."My new Corneliani suit is done with the tailor next Wednesday. Will set up some photos. Not sure how best to show them, on the bed? On a hanger?
It's a problem when I buy a new suit and I am already thinking of the next two or three.
I asked this same question in a tuxedo help forum, but would like input. I am attending a gala event as a Board Member. My tuxedo outfit consists of: Black Single Breast Zegna Peak Lapel Tuxedo Silk UShaped Waistcoat with match silk butterfly bow tie Luxire Custom Tuxedo Shirt Black Onyx and silver studs and cufflinks White Linen pocket square Velvet Magnanni Tuxedo Shoes My question: My wife is joining me in a beautiful gold dress. Should I make some minor adjustments...
Tuxedo Complete one more question. Zegna Black Peak Lapel Tuxedo Silk Butterfly Bow tie with matching silk U shaped Waistcoat Luxire Tuxedo Shirt Black Onyx and silver Studs and Cufflinks Velvet Magnanni Tuxedo Shoes Questions: My wife is wearing a beautiful gold gown. I am wearing a black bow tie no matter what. What are your thought dropping the all white pocket square for a white pocket square with gold trim and perhaps adding gold studs and cufflinks to match...
I fear I have become an addict to suits. Some facts: 1) In the past 2 years I have purchased 10 suits, all of them from Italian makers: Zegna(3), Castangia (2), Corneliani (4) and 1 Canali. Wow now that I write this, 10 sounds like a lot of suits. Why Italian? A bit less on Canali, but Zegna, Castangia and Corneliani fit me like a glove. Castangia is the best of the lot, but usually $1000 North of both. 2) I would have a lot of suits, but every time I purchase one I...