or Connect

Posts by CTLION

Yes...two to the knee caps. But I will recover with one Hell of a strut.
I would say if you weren't there for a year I would not include it.The bigger issue with turnover is avoiding a trend. I am a good example of this...First major job - 6 yearsSecond major job - 7 yearsThird major job - 2.5 yearsCurrent job - 1 year (and I have a job offer on the table from another company that sought me out)I can accept this job, however it has to be a great fit for me. Worst case scenario I have to put in at least 3 years and I could argue 5 or more. I am...
Fortunately (for me) Harold it's not the type of interview you are accustomed to (clearly), but if that helps you get a head (oh yes pun intended), who am I to judge?I have received an offer from the company and I countered with a proposal of my own. I am not sure if they will accept my terms which means I need to be prepared to walk away from this amazing opportunity.
I recently had a company reach out to me to gauge my interest in working for them. I had no idea what the process would be like, or how long it would take. If memory serves this process started in June. Here is the breakdown: 1 hour interview with corporate recruiter (2 weeks later) 2 hour interview with President of Division (2 weeks later) 30 minute interview with another Division President (2 weeks later) 2 hour online test testing math, verbal and personality 1.5...
It's a good question and one that is important for the current times. Unfortunately I think this is kind of the sign of the times. As I check resumes for people I am considering hiring I see a lot of turnover. It's not uncommon to find 1 and 2 year stints where years ago it was a big deal not to have at least 5 years at a company before leaving. I am in a similar spot. I have a company that has pursued me, and I have spent just a year in my current position. On Monday the...
I need to go pick up some dress shirts. I had custom made for me. A bit worries about one of them. I decided to experiment and ordered a brown and white gingham dress shirt with white collar and white cuffs. I also purchased a white linen pocket square with brown trim and a solid brown Tom Ford tie. The combo will either look fantastic or terrible.
I am considering ordering some custom dress shirts from Luxire. Would like to get some opinions of the quality, speed and service. Many thanks!
I am impressed with the minimalist approach though, I am afraid I can't walk down that path.I wear a suit every day to work so I own 11 suits (not including my tuxedo) after I gave my brother 4 suits that I don't wear anymore. I am certainly not done with adding suits and suspect I will end up with around 15-18 when I am done. I also have 20+ dress shirts but must admit that I wear 5-6 of them 80% of the time. For dress shoes for work I have 5 pairs, two black, two brown...
Solid black is the safest
I understand your dilemma but back in the day one's compensation was one's own business. I interview and hire people and I think the easier question is, "how much are you looking to make in salary?" I also worked with a large healthcare company that asked what was the lowest compensation you would accept.All of these questions are favoring the employer.Perhaps your answer is an answer of total compensation rather than a break down of salary + commissions or bonuses.I could...