or Connect

Posts by CTLION

I am looking for a striped dress shirt with horizontal stripes...with or without a white collar. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I found one in a mens shop locally made by Castangia, but the price is $425 which just isn't going to happen for a shirt at best I wear once every 3 weeks and probably less than that. Any assistance or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
I am in a little jam and I can't figure out what I should do. I have some cash to spend and am looking to add to either my suits or my watches. The first option is outside of this forum, but an owner of a mens suit store that I frequent offered me three Castangia suits for $5000...retail value of $9500. It's the suit purchase or a new watch: From a watch standpoint I am looking at: 1) Rolex Submariner 2) Rolex GMT Root Beer with a brown alligator strap 3) Chronoswiss...
Couldn't agree more. I am not looking at the gold model because quite frankly I am going to ditch the band for a alligator strap in brown. The combo of a brown and tan dial matched with a brown leather band is really pushing me to pull the trigger. If they aren't popular all the better as my watch will be more unique.I will say that I am not a not a huge fan of the Rootbeer GMT with the gold or gold and steel band. Maybe it's too much or that to me the brown and tan just...
I am convinced. My next watch is the Rolex GMT (the rootbeer). I have found a couple examples with a brown leather strap and it looks fantastic with leather. I have never seen a GMT rootbeer in person which also appeals to me. Just a different look. The Submariner is awesome and perhaps that will be my third watch, but more than likely my third will be something different like an IWC.
If I bought it I would ditch the steel and gold bracelet and substitute a dark leather strap. I have seen some pics of this watch with a brown strap and it really makes it look unique. That combo with the suits I wear with brown shoes could look really sharp. I am still a bit torn, but what appeals to me is that the look would be unique.
Could use your opinion and some facts. For my 40th birthday my wife purchased me a Rolex Datejust Gold & Steel Watch and I love it. I wear suits 5 days a week and it compliments the look of a good suit. I have for some time considered buying a vintage Rolex Submariner 1680 from 1973 (the year. I was born)...but then I came across another watch that struck eye. The Rolex GMT Brown and Gold Bezel. I saw one online with a brown leather band and it just looked cool. I saw...
A great suit makes a difference, it brings the best of you to the forefront. I own quite a few suits and in the last 12 months have moved to wearing a lot of Italian suits. My favorite maker right now is Castangia and wearing one is like putting on a suit of armor...it makes me feel invincible. It doesn't really matter who makes the suit or how much you pay for it...fit and style are 90% of the story. It does matter...it does change the way people perceive you.
First off as a golfer and historian I am jealous of your location. I have visited St Andrews twice and have found it delightful. I won't go into too much detail on suitable options at that price point, but will say that I would weigh the cost versus the opportunity. That is to say, how often will you be required to wear a tuxedo? If the occasion is often then I would consider finding a tuxedo maker that fits your personal style and fit. The most important things about a...
Not sure how many ties I own, but I am guessing 50ish. I just recently laid them out on the bed and decided which of the ties were worthy of staying and which had no chance of being tied around my neck. That exercise cut another 20 ties. I have three tie racks in my closet and if I buy anymore ties I will probably need another. They are fairly efficient for space and can be pulled out for a better view. Now I just need an efficient method of storing my pocket squares.
My thoughts on the subject. I am 40 years old and am fairly high up within a multi-billion dollar healthcare company. I do not have my MBA but have considered pursuing one. You don't need an MBA to make six figures that is for sure. However, I will say that an MBA is a check mark for an HR person looking for a reason to narrow down the piles of resumes that arrive for a certain position. I am a fairly good example. My career and accomplishments in my field are in the Top...