or Connect

Posts by Shambles

Hello all,   I've tried searching a bit and could not come up with any results for kids' clothing. My brother's son, a tall lanky six-year-old, will be the ring bearer in my wedding and he's having a suit MTM for the occasion. I'd like to get him some nice cufflinks to go with a white shirt, but I'm having trouble finding any french cuff shirts for kids that young.   It's not too common of a thing to get, I suppose, but does anyone know where I could look for smaller...
EDIT: I'm sorry, I seem to have posted this to the wrong question thread.   Hello,   Can I get opinions on this jacket (and the matching suit pant) as a summer suit, and as a summer office suit, where the office norm is very laid back (commonly seen items include everything from windowpane jackets and loud plaids to pinstripes)?   If the consensus is "yes, it can work," maybe a few suggestions as to wearing it at work and at play?   One last thing, and forgive my...
I think after reading the discussions from you all, I may either stick with full tradition and wear the opera pumps or go with a plain toe oxford. Either option will only be worn with the tux, and only a few times a year, so I am still hoping to stay in a manageable price range, but I understand the concern that the more fashion forward loafers may fall out of use in the future.   I appreciate the debate and help on the shoe issue. The same appreciation goes toward...
Thanks for the suggestion, I do like the Guildford. That's almost exactly what I pictured as far as a modern substitute for the pump.
 Funny, I actually looked at a Ferragamo loafer yesterday, the "Antoane". However, the $600 price tag set me off of it. I was really hoping to stay below $300. I figured oxfords might be the next choice, so I've been looking at some patent oxfords by a few companies lately as well. Seems like I can get a decent pair for around the $200 mark going that route. I'm not quite sure which loafers would be acceptable with the tux, so I can't tell if $300 is way off or in the...
Can I get opinions on footwear for my wedding? I'm having my tailor order a MTM traditional tux for me, which I'll have the opportunity to wear about 3 or 4 times a year after the wedding. He suggested opera pumps since everything else about the tux I chose is pretty classic, but I'm not completely sold on the pumps. If there's anywhere I might look to stray from the norm, it would be the shoes.   So I'm looking for options. Whole cuts, cap toes, maybe a more 'modern'...
Can I get recommendations on a slim straight jean that I might be able to find in a 31"-32" or a 31"-33"? My waist is small, but my legs are a bit longer with thighs on the large side, so anything too slim is skin tight, but I'm not a big fan of boot or straight.
Hello all,   Since getting engaged, I've browsed and searched looking for ideas concerning myself and my groomsmen, of which I'll have six. The bridesmaids will be in deep navy dresses, and I'm not looking at options for my guys. After carefully picking my battles in the wedding planning process, I made my biggest stand at the issue of groomsmen attire. "No, they will not all be wearing Men's Wearhouse rentals, dear. No, I will not dress my closest friends as little boys...
I'm looking to add a bit to my suit selection within the next month or two, and I wanted to get a few opinions on "what's next". Currently, I have a navy suit from Suit Supply that I recently purchased, and I really enjoy the look and quality of it. Unfortunately, outside of that suit, my closet is pretty bare. I have a cheap black suit I've owned since college and a cheap grey Banana Republic suit that has managed to hold me over for most of the past year, but I'm going...
 I'll do a white pocket square with it; I have a few nice ones. And yes, I completely agree with your first point; I love dressing well as often as possible. I'm just facing a last minute situation this time in which all I can do is wear a nice fitting suit rather than an ill-fitting rental tux. Like I said yesterday (probably a page or so back), this is the first of many engagements like this, and I'm fairly young, so I don't currently own a tux but am now in the market...