or Connect

Posts by matthewh

Mine are size 11, which is true to size for me. The toe is rather narrow looking. I got these though because I have a narrow foot and Red Wing Heritage said that the 210 last runs narrow.
Beginning break-in, first wearing outside: Classic Chukka 3141  
Thanks for the reply. I've been able to find some other photos online that show the same marks. Looking closer, I think they're actually empty holes. So I assume they are left from holding things together during production and won't be an issue.
Is this normal?   I ordered my first pair of Red Wings, the 3141 chukkas. I was looking them over and ran my hand down the footbed and felt a burr. Looking inside there appears to be the ends of some staples poking up. I pushed with my thumbnail and they are solid pieces like the ends of a steel staple.   In the photos its the little pairs of of dots. Its the same in each boot and there are two in each footbed. I'm concerned that these will poke thru more as the insole...
Anyone have experience with the "Modern Suburban" chukka?   I'm mainly interested in the footbed and lining. I've read that they have a leather footbed but can't tell if its only the heel, with texon in the forefoot. I'm also curious to know if any of these Chippewa's have cork under the footbed. The Chippewa boots I have require a removable insole to be comfortable. These are also supposed to have a leather vamp lining instead of the typical cotton drill...
I think they are pretty close on sizing. I prefer the sole on the bushacre. It feels more planted when walking, its easier to clean, doesn't pick up debris like the crepe and it grips better when wet. I haven't had any structural issues / failures with my bushacres. However, there's still something really classic and great about the  look of the ODB with the crepe sole. As others have noted too, the quality of the uppers is better on the ODB. The biggest issue for me is...
I've had good luck with Bick 4 for light conditioning without changing color.http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Conditioner-Bick-Bickmore-since/dp/B002HOK50M Its just a light conditioner, I don't think it has any water repellant properties. Be sure to test in a small less visible spot first to know if you're ok with the results. Lexol is good for cleaning.
I've been wanting to give the CBD a try. I decided to get suede. I have to order them because they're hard to find in my area. I think these are defective though. The heel on one shoe is cupped. It flattens out when I step but makes a bit of a suction sound when walking. Has anyone seen something like this before? Its possible it will stay flat over time but i'm trying to decide if its better to just order another pair and return these.
I've had my Iron Works boots for a little over a year now. I've got both versions and wear them a lot. I wear the cap toe version to the office some but wear them to do work around the house as well. The Cordovan are my favorite though. I like the way they look and they are really comfortable. I wear them to the office a couple of times a week and on weekends. I generally do not wear them to do outside work, but this past weekend I had a few things to do and forgot I was...
 Some heel slip is normal is new leather boots. As they break in, and the leather softens, this will go away. When I first got my Katahdin's they were a little tortuous to wear because they were stiff, but the fit was good. (I went true-to-wise.) LL Bean's awesome return policy helped me decide to keep them. The boots great now. I happen to be wearing them today.  BTW, thicker socks and lacing tighter will help with heel slip. The main thing is if they fit your toe area...