or Connect

Posts by matthewh

I've been to Europe twice. Once I spent time in southern England and another trip to France and surrounding countries. My first trip I only had a leather jacket and I was miserable. The climate was so damp and the leather was never comfortable. I ended up buying a waxed cloth coat while I was there. It was better but it always felt clammy to me.   The second trip I brought a long black wool (non-insulated) coat. It was perfect. Wool to me handles being in humid damp cold...
Red Wing Classic Chukka, 3141, Briar Oil Slick. 5 months of wear, 5-6 days a week. The leather was well oiled when I received them, so I have yet to do anything to the leather. All I've done is wipe them down or run a brush over them. One of my all time favorite footwear purchases. I love this leather. I think it wears well. I like the way the laces wear on the tongue. I may oil them this winter.            
whoops. wrong thread. not sure how to delete post.
I don't have any current pics. If I get a chance I'll try and take some to post in the next few weeks. However, I did post a pic on April 4 in this thread, when they were new.
 FWIW, I'm not a fan of the white sole either. (My wife has even told me that she doesn't really care for it.) I ordered my boots just to try them and was mostly planning to return them. I wanted to compare them to the Weekender Chukka, which I was considering at the  time. But the moment I tried them on, I knew I was keeping them. They were much more comfortable than I anticipated. I really like the Briar Oil Slick leather too. I think the color is great, versatile and...
 Glad its not just me. I work with a guy that has 875's that he wears nearly every day. They look cool on him. But every time I try on moc toes, they just don't seem right. I love my chukkas (3141), I find myself always reaching for them most often. I end up wearing them 5-6 days a week.
 Yeah, I was aware of most of those. Right now though, these Red Wing chukkas are easily the most expensive boots I've purchased.I figure they are an investment that should last many years but don't know if I'll ever spend more on shoes.
Thanks for all the great info. I may try either the 10875 or 10877 in the future. Right now my chukka's still have a lot of wear in them. I had noticed the insole of the 595 being Poron and wondered if it was still the same underneath. I like that the 595 is leather lined but don't like the outer leather they use. I really like the Briar Oil Slick on the 3141 and overall the Heritage chukkas are just a nicer looking design. Regarding sizing, when I was a kid (late 70's) my...
 I'm curious to know how you'll like these compared to the regular heritage line. I considered getting the 595 chukka because it comes in a B width. I like the look of the 3141 much more though and decided to go with those. They're comfortable under foot but they could be narrower for me. My narrow foot has a lot of side to side movement, especially if walking on a slop. I've experimented some with thin insoles to take up some volume. It helps, but they all seem to...
 Mine are size 11, which is true to size for me. The toe is rather narrow looking. I got these though because I have a narrow foot and Red Wing Heritage said that the 210 last runs narrow.