or Connect

Posts by rbarthel

I really like my 3sixteen shadow selvedge type-III (pic is not of me).  It is a modified version of a 'traditional' denim jacket though.  The tonal stitching does a good job of minimizing the 'trucker-ness' imo  
  Gotcha, looks like the 38s would be too big for me.  Thanks!
I've only ever gotten store credit.  I've never pushed for a refund though.
Has anyone gotten the Zimbabwe Loomstates from the stock store recently?  I've read that the latest batch sewed up a size small so i was kind of tempted to try out a 38 slim (normal size 34 slim) and a warm soak to shrink them down to my size.  Is that expecting too much shrinkage?
Just received my 34 slim American Sixteeners, unfortunately they sewed up a size small.  I'll tell you what, .5 inches too small in the thigh is a big deal!  Props to Gustin's customer service though, they are taking care of me well.
  In my experience everything is returnable for store credit.  I recall reading that the size tolerances were .5", so if you could present that to them you should be able to get a refund.  I'd recommend contacting Gustin directly, in my experience they are pretty accommodating.
Looks good!  I'm still happy I got the 3sixteen type3 shadow, but this jacket looks MUCH better than the contrast stitched one posted earlier imo
That would be the ideal, that Gustin could offer runs of really interesting leathers that could get people excited to wait 3+ months for a ~$350 boot.  Could they do that and match the quality of that price tier (Red Wing, I guess)? I dunno, seems like a tough ask. If the price is much higher than that not only are you in the Alden territory, you are in MTO from White's/Nick's territory and they have a really wide range of interesting leathers.
Lol.  I was more just commenting on how everytime Gustin releases something new, people start posting about how they are ripping someone better's designs off.  With sneakers, it was CP, with bags its Filson, and judging from the instagram comments, for boots the design copies Alden.     Personally, I don't care too much.  If they can nail down a good quality made in the USA boot for the 200-300 range it just gives consumers another midrange option.  That's only a good...
They just sent out a email about boots launching in August.