or Connect

Posts by sthomas26

Desert duck canvas chinos just came in. I wear a 31 slim in most of their jeans and I've gained a bit of weight so they are a bit tight. I figured I'd size up to a 32 slim for their chinos. I'm finding that there's more room in the thighs than I would like but could still end up keeping them. I will say though that aside, these are ridiculously well constructed and the fabric color is fantastic. These may be the best chinos I have.
Hmmm. interesting, based on the responses I'm thinking of changing my 34 slim to 34 straight. I'm not looking for a skinny look.  Just didn't want the cuff to be too wide.  Thanks for the feedback.
I just don't know about sizing.  I used to wear a 30 (I have the Japan Classics in 30 straight).  Didn't like the straight leg so I got the Cone bluexblack and japan blackxblack in 31 slim.  The Cone is tight and the blackxblack is about right (The cone was sewn up tight though).  I've gained some weight and now the 31s are pushing close to tight so I'm going with a 34 slim in loomstate but afraid it might be too loose.  Not sure if 2 or 3 is the right size up.
Hadn't planned on making any more gustin purchases and then saw the Zimbabwe Loomstates in my inbox....   Sized up 3, hopefully it works out.  First loomstate purchase.  
Anyone have any experience yet with the Grey Silks stretching?  I'm still holding on to a 30 Straight and I love the jeans but not sure if there's any stretch in silk denim, I'm assuming they won't stretch as much as cotton.  Gustin will accept them as an exchange which is great but I haven't decided yet.  I've worn them about a few times at home but haven't seen any real give in the seat and thigh areas.
 Haha, no sorry, they are 30 straight.  I need a 31 ideally.  I might just put them up on ebay.  Haven't decided yet.  They're wearable but fit a bit like leggings on the upper block for my taste but they will stretch some more.
No, it's actually good weight.  Core muscle weight.  I'm training for spartan race in September.  This is where the 3 month lag time fails
Just got my grey silks yesterday.    These things look quite dressy and almost feel like sweatpants.  They are very comfortable.  They're awesome, but I'm afraid I should have sized up one.  I've gained weight.  Not sure what to do.  I'm not sure how they stretch compared to regular jeans.
 The color difference I've chalked up to be a sign that you actually have a real leather boot.  I have the same "issue" on my rust wolverines.  You'll get over it.  After you oil them it might even out a bit.  It's not an issue unless there's a big difference obviously where someone can look down at your shoes and notice, if that's the case it's a bit different.
You could go either way but the heat from your hands will help infuse the oil into the boot better.