or Connect

Posts by FosterandSon

RogerP, thankyou as always for your kind words
Gentlemen,   We are excited to reveal our latest Balmoral boot. The new Montrose is manufactured on the 337 last and features a wonderful green khaki suede and rich dark brown calf.   Here are a few pictures, we welcome any thoughts you might have.   Foster & Son              
 Ilovelobbs, We're still going through the prototype and sample phase. Afraid it takes quite some time to get it absolutely right. Foster & Son
 Geezer, You're absolutely correct, shoes made in 1993 we think. Foster & Son
 nutcracker, We agree, a pair of shoes even! All the shoemakers had different names for differing shoe styles, so Terry Moore would call a Derby a 'Blucher', a name we associate with the States rather than the UK. Next time I see him I'll see if I can get more information and perhaps some idea of the origins of these terms. Foster & Son
Competition   Gents,   We realise that our question yesterday was a little unfair. The shoe we asked you about is called a 'Front Sprung Monk' by Terry Moore.     We'll come up with a better question shortly.   Foster & Son
  PM sent
 labravajazz, I've asked the guys about this shoe and it appears to be an old one (not that helpful I know). We'll do a bit more digging about the last and get back to you by PM if that's okay. I'm not sure how much information I will be able to find out between now and the auction ending though. If you need any more help send me a PM. Foster & Son
 Many thanks Sir!  labravajazz, Really good question, you wouldn't happen to have a photograph would you? Foster & Son
     Gents, The question was about the style not the model name, sorry for the confusion. Also, this is an old bespoke pair so not rtw. Foster & Son