or Connect

Posts by FosterandSon

meister,   Sounds like a fantastic undertaking, hand re-welting and full restoration (in the proper sense of the word). Looking forward to this.   Foster & Son
 DWFII, familiar with your posts and understand your perspective. I think it's interesting that the artificial patina (couldn't think of a better phrase!) we are known for is actually 'art imitating life'. Best, Foster & Son  RogerP, Many thanks for your kind words. I feel it's probably time to own up, the shoes in the photos are actually mine. They'll be in the shop window in Jermyn Street for a while so that people can see them for themselves, I just hope that no-one...
 DWFII, The fading process was originally developed in our Workshop a long time ago to replicate the patina acquired by our bespoke samples that had been exposed to sunlight in our South facing window in Duke of York Street before we moved to Jermyn Street in 1965. It was developed in response to customer requests and we have had long experience of doing it, though it's still an art not a science and needs to be done very carefully so as not to weaken the shoe. Foster & Son
 rabiesinfrance, it's certainly not to everyone's taste but, yes the fading will be available on all of our new shoes and on those that we have on the 337 last. Foster & Son
chogall, we'll be sure to let you know in plenty of time for our next visit. Best, Foster & Son
 meister, many thanks, we agree. I will post some more pictures later on, hopefully with a bit more detail. Foster & Son
We thought you might like to see our new 'faded' rtw shoes (see http://www.styleforum.net/t/365214/foster-son-henry-maxwell-official-affiliate-thread/255#post_6712786 for full post and pricing).   Our new faded shoes   We talked some time ago about our fading process and how we were going to make it available on our rtw shoes. Well, the first pair has come back and we love them!   Details Shoe:                    Fawley, semi-brogue in black on our new 30029...
 chogall, Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We don't charge for the last in the first place, it's part of the service, so the price you see is the same for the 101st pair as it is for the 1st. We do travel to the west coast, where are you based? Foster & Son
 And that, I think, is part of the attraction, to understand something of the cultural context behind the appreciation of history. Sure England has lots and lots of old buildings and, as I wrote above, I'm fortunate enough to live in a Georgian city with a medieval cathedral. But it can all be quite difficult to appreciate because the context is too familiar. So, for me, seeing a North American appreciation of the 17th century would be a real treat. The George Washington...
RogerP, good to hear. many thanks. Foster & Son