or Connect

Posts by Coxsackie

So I took delivery of my MacBook a few days ago and am liking it, a lot.   Form factor is great. Screen is great. Keyboard takes some getting used to, but gives very satisfying click feedback (is this haptic?) and I'm pretty sure I will end up liking it more than the MBA's.   Power cord sucks big time (no MagSafe, no little green/yellow light to tell you something is happening) but I guess I'll live, and gradually adapt. As is the Jobs Way.   I do have one specific...
 Perhaps I'm missing something, but actually I don't think they look great. In fact, every time I see one of @The_Foxx's fits I feel like tugging down on his jacket sleeves to smooth out the upper arms, which seem to bunch up too much, leading to ripples in the cloth. I suspect this might be because he has very muscular shoulders and/or upper arms. Perhaps a slightly looser fit could fix this problem and lead to a more flattering overall silhouette?
 You will regret your eagle eye. For now, my friend, you must die.
Tell you the truth, I'm confused now as to whether mine is a tweed or a flannel!
 This is really very nice. Well done.
I think the bloody fuss with Fox flannels is based around the fact that they've been making flannel for about ten thousand years and are considered to be one of the best.   Anyway the proof should always be in the pudding. I'm getting a three-piece suit made up in a Fox POW flannel by B&T. Hoping for delivery by months' end. Should be able to wear it for a few weeks before it gets too warm...
 Oh, not you again! Now run along, there's a good boy.
  I said "singlet" in conversation with some non-Australian expats in Shanghai and was met with blank stares. "What's a singlet?" they asked. Now I see that at least some Americans know what a singlet is. Yet other Americans call it a spousebeater (which I assume is a PC-update of its previous widely-known name). So who calls this type of garment a singlet, and who calls it a wifebeater, er, a commonlawsignificantotherengagerinmutuallyconsentingor...
Quick heads-up for Melbourne forumites: my orchestra is playing a concert at the Melbourne Recital Centre, this Sunday at 5pm.   http://www.melbournerecital.com.au/events/2015/corpus-medicorum-2/   Program includes the Mozart Oboe Concerto, with wunderkind soloist Andrew Kawai (who is absolutely terrific); and Mahler's epic First Symphony, the Titan.   If you do decide to attend, please feel free to say hello to me in the foyer after the concert. I'm sixth from left,...
 Actually the shirt was a pale pink Ascot Chang. Just got washed-out to white in the photos. I have a tattersall like the above, but I'd be worried about pattern clash. Nevertheless I'll give it a try one day.   Funnily enough, I'm sure I would never have thought of buying the suit based on the website photos. I just happened to spot it in the rack at their Shanghai B&M store, tried it on for laughs, and loved it. It's a size 52 but some larrikin had swapped out the...