or Connect

Posts by nh10222

The answer to that question is not something easily put into words, but you could call it a matter of aesthetics combined with a love of history. I had/have many other, "normal" shoes, but came to focus on Balmoral boots initially because I liked the way they looked - like elegant Oxford shoes with coloured shafts stuck on them... and it just so happens that they are comfortable - usually.What I find disappointing is the lack of posts relating to new acquisitions in this...
Church's Bruges update Today, I wore them all day for the first time and must say they were very comfortable - as comfortable as the Carmina 80092 out of the box, another machine-welted style with which I have always had good experiences, but for the slightest pinch of my right pinky. The lacing is closing up more tightly each time I put them on; I'm confident the unsightly V will soon disappear. Overall, my experience with this rarely seen but accessibly priced model...
More Enzo Bonafe Button Boots!   Black calf, lino (linen) suede, giamaica calf piping, oxblood calf lining, punched cap toe   The button hook was the only extra in the box this time.   Fiddleback waist       What can I say? To my plebeian eyes, these things are a bloody work of art! If you can get this sort of value from a maker in the UK, someone please let me know. The linen suede is just what I wanted, similar to a 'canvas' colour I had in mind, since...
  This label is actually attached to the piece of brown tissue paper inside the box, not the box itself.     The toe box of the 73 last looks good, but note the distance between the punching and where the suede begins - something doesn't look quite right from this angle - they look somewhat elongated.     They look OK from this angle...   ...and even better side-on.   Church's Bruges Balmoral boots Last 73, fit F   Features: upper in black calf,...
They have probably been sold to someone else by now. Perhaps they might be so kind as to post.
Yes, I thought so, but since they were neither my boots nor my photos, I don't think it would be appropriate.
 I'll be sure to take and post photos of them when they arrive, and help keep this thread active!
 I ordered a fairly standard black calf / light grey suede design in late October just to give Church's a try. I don't have a model name or number at this juncture; they were just ordered as "Balmoral Boots" on the 73 last. They arrived at the vendor's in mid February with metal ring eyelets and speed hooks, neither of which I had asked for. The vendor promptly informed me that they were not to spec. Church's realised their error and are making another pair. Despite this...
No-one's scored any Balmorals in the last six weeks? Damn... this must be a tiny market, indeed. Someone's got to keep this thing going.   The last pair I ordered (from Church's) did not meet my design specs and is currently being remade.
Ok...The eyelets and York rubber sole of the black-black Skoaktiebolaget special Carminas perhaps makes them more acceptable with cotton twill trousers than morning dress, and that's how I wear them.Let us know about your bespoke maker and what he suggests for the design.