or Connect

Posts by mgshaz

While I'm not entirely sure whether it's a suit or a jacket that you're looking for, here are a couple options for you that fit the price-point and are relatively good value (with the Benjamin suit likely being superior):   Suit: http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-16490/Benjamin-Sartorial-Suit-cln--41R-fdsh-42R/Detail http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-blue-plain-london-p2529e/P2529E,en_US,pd.html?start=58&cgid=Suits   Sport...
Outside of the formal areas which you mentioned, it really comes down to personal preference. While I generally prefer brown most of the time, I do sometimes enjoy the sleekness black exudes when paired with a navy suit, or the contrast it provides against a mid-to-light grey trouser. The preference seems to go in cycles for me, and I find that I'll hit stretches where I definitely eschew black altogether a period.   Just don't take your opinion to London - other than...
 I might be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure Tom Ford sources his fabrics from a few different mills, and normally tries to keep some level of exclusivity for his brand. That being said, I'm sure they range all over the place, with an emphasis toward the luxury-side. It's not so much the width of the thread as it is the blend (he uses a lot of mohair, if I recall).
 Love the shoes - would those happen to be Connaughts?
 +1 As nice as some of the Vanda-esque unlined ties are, if there isn't enough heft to the silk it's going to be tough to get the desired breadth with a normal four-in-hand knot. On the other hand, if you go too thick on the silk (especially with true 7-folds), you'll end up with a mess that simply won't hold a proper dimple. Malleability is probably the most important aspect, and much of that comes from the interlining, like Claghorn mentions. For a consistently easy...
 The suit is amazing, but I'm particularly interested in that tie! Details?
In order to properly judge the fit of your trousers, you'll need to take a couple pictures with a proper shoe on.   As for the jacket, it seems that you're having some issues with the upper back, namely the collar roll. It's not stemming from the point to point being too small (in fact, it's interestingly a little large), but rather from your traps pulling on the garment. Also, with your sloping shoulders, a jacket with a little softer roping might get rid of some of the...