or Connect

Posts by Jonny Foy

And if there's enough suiting cabbage left over, silk-lined tweed boxer shorts.  Maybe.
Here goes:   Single breasted three piece suit with single breasted waistcoat in a very light weight tweed.   Cloth would be a medium brown herringbone with merlot and gold overcheck.   Flap pockets slightly angled (no ticket pocket!)   Something like this but with the base replaced with medium brown, the white replaced with gold, the darker blue replaced with merlot     Notch lapels on the wider side at 3.75"   Contrast stitching in merlot on the...
Yes, please rush order the remaining videos
First of all, what or who in their right mind would want to be rescued from being crammed up against a smokey, piss-stained old suit?  If you find the right one, you'll never have to work another day in your life.  Giambattista himself couldn't tear me away, even if he offered me a spot in back of his cashmere-laden cart.  Second, nice pic.  I like the Romper Stomper hems on those jeans.  Finally, let's just be clear: I didn't start a flame war with 'Tex - I ended it.  ...
Those are OTR Zanella?!  Those look as good or better than any custom-made I've seen.
Thanks, Bengal.  Didn't know that Alden cape cods were not made in the US...pretty lame.  Are shoes constructed like the one above easily resoled by a cobbler?
Maybe they are blake stitched, then.  I looked closer and could discern, very faded, "Made in USA" on the outsole of one of the shoes right underneath the "genuine leather" stamp.  Is it odd for an American shoe to be blake or rapid blake stitched?  I thought that was a continental European method.  Also, if it's a Brooks Brothers Made in the USA shoe, does that mean that it's by Alden or Allen Edmonds?  Or maybe their stuff was made by Rancourt or Bass at one time (as you...
Manolo Blahniks?  About all I'm looking at on a woman is her shoes, so that part of your point is probably less lost on others than it is on me.  But I do totally agree with the thrust of it: in the end, it's just clothes.  Arguing about them, however, can be fun - like the best dinner conversation, it's totally vapid at the same time that it produces a mild thrill.  And superficiality in its classic form does not tolerate relativism well.  So when I hear a guy "ooh" and...
Sure, I could be a jerk...but so is someone who hijacks a thrifting thread to start a flame war.  Thanks for the hearty welcome - glad to know I'm in fellow company!
Here are the insoles and outsoles.  Because they are Brooks Brothers shoes but do not say made in England or made in USA, my suspicion is that they are the glued, sub-$200, Sebago-manufactured BB loafers from the Dominican Republic.  But it's always difficult for me to tell with all the variation and diffusion that major brands put into their makes and models these days.  Especially in this case when there does appear to be stitching in the outsole (perhaps just...