or Connect

Posts by arkirshner

Congratulations, I propose a shoe blessing: May you walk many miles and never have a bunion.
[quote=demeis,July 11 2005,03:43]I found that i had to size down a full size on the AE 5 last from a 10C to a 9D.   So basically your saying that if i can get AE for the same price and most non SC aldens i'm better off?    ] Absolutely.  If you can get AE and Alden for so little consider  yourself one of the lucky ones.  Take advantage of the opportunity to build up a shoe collection for life.  Then as you grow older you will have more $$ for the important...
[quote]No, there are pictures of Barbera doing it in the book.  Agnelli pioneered the practice, but it caught on among Italian dandies.  I wouldn't exactly call it widespread now, but you do see it in Italy quite a bit.  I have even seen Italian bespoke shirts with little straps on the outside of the cuff to hold the watchband in place.           In Dressingg the Man p140 there is a picture of Jean Cocteau with his watch on his sleeve.  Can anyone date his use...
I'm not familiar with the product. What exactly is it and what does it do?
The button holes in both lapels is a nice touch but don't you find those lapels simply TOO WIDE?
I've used a seam ripper on dozens of shirts sometimes new and somestimes washed quite a few times. Naturally the small holes where the thread was removed will show less on oxford cloth than broadcloth. However, you can wet the area and strech the fabric up and down and side to side and the holes almost always will disappear. What works for me best is not trying to rip down the seam but rather slip the pointed end under one stitch at a time , cut through it and...
To compare apples to apples  I just put on my AE Park Avenues US size 7 1/2 D   and Loake calf  cap tow oxfords Uk size 7 F from CT. On my foot both are adequate in lengh the AE about 1/4 inch longer.  In  width  The AE pushes up against my little toe whereast  the Loak is slightly wider and does not press up against my toe. As a result in appearance the AE is slightly slimmer.                                                            ...
I also am a 40 short. I recommend to you exactly what I recommended to my brother not long ago and it is call LS Mens Clothing and talk to the owner,Izzy. 212-575-0933. He has a web site www.lsmensclothing.com but you need to call. He has a special relationship with H Freeman going back many years. H. Freeman makes a half canvas product (or full canvas on MTM orders) that is far superior to any department store product like Boss, Abboud, etc. H. Freeman blazers at a...
A black/white pattern jacket with a mid tone beige blouse is a known but rare combination in women's wear.  (and for those of you who might snicker, colors are gender nuetral and in combining colors in men's sportswear we can learn a lot from women) I did not find a black/white pattern jacket with ecru combination in my admittedly  modest collection of color guides. Of the colors usually found in men's clothing I did find Red, Blue, and cool green tops favorably matched...
They say the truly wealthy have so much money that they don"t really know how much they have. I may not have much else but I guess I'm wealthy in ties.