or Connect

Posts by JeffArmoury

Yep, that's the Rain.  You must have fairly wide feet then.  If I can help with anything else, let me know.  Jeff
 Hey Pepper, I think you may be confusing two of the lasts.  The Rain last is on the wider side of the lasts that Carmina offers.  It has a wider forefoot, a higher instep, and a relatively generous toe box.  The proprietary version we created, called the "Rain Modified" last, makes the forefoot at the ball of the foot a bit wider and tightens the heel slightly. I think if you tried on a pair that was extremely narrow, you were probably trying the Simpson last.  That is...
 This should help. MTO:  Taking a stock size, without any modifications to the fit, and choosing all of your details (things like leather, color, sole construction, etc). MTO w/ Last Adjustments:  You are fit in a stock size and width but the fit could be improved through adjustments made to the last. At their factory in Brasov, Saint Crispin's has a "last park" of shoes in every size and width.  On an MTO with Last adjustments they take the size that you were fit in and...
Just a heads up to any Boston members that Nick and Zach will be visiting for a trunk show hosted by Shreve, Crump, & Low this Saturday and Sunday.     If you're in the area, definitely drop by.  They will be conducting fittings for Orazio, Saint Crispin's, Ascot Chang, and will be offering a bespoke tie service from Drake's.  Definitely a chance for you guys to get your hands on product that's difficult to find.     Jeff
Just a heads up to any Boston members that Nick and Zach will be visiting for a trunk show hosted by Shreve, Crump, & Low this Saturday and Sunday.     If you're in the area, definitely drop by.  They will be conducting fittings for Orazio, Saint Crispin's, Ascot Chang, and will be offering a bespoke tie service from Drake's.  Definitely a chance for you guys to get your hands on product that's difficult to find.     Also, on Friday the Armoury NYC will be hosting...
 Noooo, don't button!
 We do, quite a bit actually.  5 different frame styles all in different makeups.  Feel free to drop by the shop if you can.  If not, I can snap some pictures for you if you give me a general idea of what you're interested in. Jeff
Asked Taka about the cloth - it's actually a 4-ply 100% wool hopsack.  Serious bidness.
 It's a triple ply wool in a plain, tight weave.  Maybe rigid is the best word to explain it?  Also, it's just flat out heavy - think of the heaviest plain weave mohair you could find and that kinda helps explain the feeling of it.  Gives the impression that you could run this stuff over a few times and you wouldn't see a difference.  It's interesting stuff.
 BTW, Liverano is back in town this weekend, Thursday - Saturday.  That specific jacket is in its second fitting stage and holy crap is the fabric dense.  Third from the left on the top row.