or Connect

Posts by BdeRWest

The classic Barbour. Holder of multiple royal warrants (they've worn off the tag, but trust me, this jacket is legitimate). I bought this just over two years ago from Orvis. It's been a great coat, but I just don't wear it enough to keep it around. Classic green sage. Men's 48. Made in England. This is the Beaufort model: 2 handwarmer pockets, 2 bellows pockets, game pocket across the back and a Napoleon pocket for a wallet or phone on the left-hand side. Corduroy collar...
Ahem, to try and salvage this... Quote: Originally Posted by Sam Hober BdeRWest, We will order Grenadine Graza Fina silks in probably one week from now. So perhaps in 2 months we will have a wide selection for sale. In our new pin dot and stripe grenadines will follow possibly a month later... Excellent! I shall check back then!
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandNewbian White MTM french cuff shirt? Blessed with short arms as well. Where can I get one in a short time. I looked at mytailor.com and needed advice on all the options available or a better place to get this done. Cuff links? recommendations on style or type? tie bar? Am I always suppose to wear the top button buttoned? Pocket square. match the tie? what fold would look nice boutonneire (sp?) suggestions. type of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby I have a few animal hair clothes brushes -- what is an efficient and effective way to clean them? They have been used enough that they are spreading lint on clothing instead of cleaning the clothing and I'd like to clean them. A comb? By hand? I usually use a combination of those methods. Maybe try a Dustbuster?
Quote: Originally Posted by Sam Hober With that said the New Year is around the corner and perhaps it is time to expand our grenadine horizons with a couple of dozen new ones? Actually, we already have a couple of dozen new pin dot and stripe designs in the works, so if we added the grenadine Garza Finas that I am thinking of it will closer to 4 dozen new grenadines. David, if you folks do start carrying garza fina, I'd be very interested in...
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanM I'm confused... a "Prince Albert" knot and a Windsor are two different things; a prince albert is just a four-in-hand with an extra wrap... here's Will's post on the subject: http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/...oes-trick.html Well, it's reasonable to assume, I suppose, that since the prince liked thick ties, others tried to emulate his knots and just doubled up.
Quote: Originally Posted by comrade "Three cheers for Prince Albert and his knot. Leaving the four-in-hand behind me, and not looking back" You should not have been looking for the "Albert knot". As I said, it wasn't "Prince Albert" (1819-1861). It was his son, who was not popularly known as Prince Albert, but rather the Prince of Wales, who became Edward VII (1901- 1910). Edward VII's grandson, who was the Prince of Wales, abdicated in1936, after...
Quote: Originally Posted by comrade Young man, I am afraid that you are confusing the inventor or popularizer of the " Windsor Knot", Prince Albert Edward, who became King Edward VII and his father, Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha, consort to Queen Victoria and known as " Prince Albert". Well, as a matter of fact, I looked high and low for a history of the Albert knot, but couldn't find anything. Of course, it makes more sense to name it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Insensitive When I opened this thread, I was worried that I'd be greeted with a "Prince Albert." I'm actually surprised it took twelve posts for someone to steer the conversation there!
Quote: Originally Posted by Poindexter It looks to me that the PA knot is like a FIH, but with an extra wrap. Is this right? Yes, wrap twice and tuck the blade behind both wraps.