or Connect

Posts by jacob6221

For your consideration is a pair of Alden for Epaulet Brixton boots in shell cordovan #8. I picked these up from a SF member but couldn't make the sizing work with my orthotics.    These boots are in excellent condition, with only a couple small scuffs on the toe, which you can see in the pictures. Most likely you can polish these out with a deer bone/polish but I have not tried. The shoe laces are brand new from Alden, and the heels have little wear; the double leather...
For your consideration is a pair of Alden Cigar Shell LWBs, size 9, Barrie Last.    I just had these resoled (worn once after) by B. Nelson shoes with JR soles and a Vibram soleguard installed. The uppers are flawless. The cigar is a beautiful chocolate brown and the shell shines with ease. Always stored with shoe trees and treated with Saphir, these shoes have been babied.    As you know, Alden Cigar Shell is a rare sight these days.    I am cleaning out my...
For your consideration is a pair of Alden for J.Crew Suede Indy boots in size 9 in the Trubalance last.    Brand new without box, these boots have only been tried on over carpet before my decision that the sizing doesn't work for me.    These come without box but do come with their original shoe bags.    If you've ever owned a pair of traditional Alden Indy boots (with the neocork sole), you will be shocked at how light these boots are. With the red brick sole, they...
For your consideration:    Two pairs of like-new Allen Edmonds shoes. Park Avenue in Chili and McAllister in Merlot, both sized 9.5D. Both worn <5 times, and you can see that the heels are still at 99% or better.    They are first quality and are near new condition; they have normal wear and the pictures show any wear/wrinkles but feel free to ask me for more angles if you would like.    I've taken great care of these by always having them in shoe trees (not...
For those of you with white stitching on your shoes (i.e. Alden Indy Boots) how do you handle the discoloration--yellowing--of the stitching? I've found that gentle scrubbing doesn't seem to do much. I have applied two coats of Obenauf's LP and I'm guessing that led to a little "dulling" of the white. Due to the LP, my 403's are developing a lovely patina, but I would like a way to bring the stitching back to white if it is possible. 
 Ok, thanks for the info. I know I'm probably making this too much of a deal. I did find, however, that after using a couple layers of paste wax with a wet cloth that they shined up even nicer. They're not perfectly consistent but I'm happy with them now. 
After attempting to polish up my #8 boots, I'm unfortunately still running into problems and could use some advice. There seems to be almost a "line" where the finish appears different. On one side, it is more of a deeper reflection, where on the other, it's more shiny. I can't figure out why. My steps were:  1. Brush and wipe boot 2. Renovateur  3. Brush boot again 4. Apply Alden #8 paste wax sparingly, allow to dry 5. Brush 6. Polish with flannel cloth   And this...
 Thanks for the tips. For the most part, the shell is pretty consistent on these boots. I recently found the "Mac Method" and will be doing that. I've purchased some Alden Paste Wax in No. 8, some Sahpir Renovateur, and a deer bone. I have good shoe trees and some nice AE brushes. It will be hard, but I'm going to try to not sweat the small stuff knowing that I'm already taking better care of my shoes than 99.99% of the population. Of course, most people who own shell are...
Here's a question I have.    I've read a lot about shell not needing more than a wipe and a brush to maintain the shine, but I haven't had much luck. I have a pair of Alden shell #8 cap-toe boots. I got a little rain on them, so I let them dry for two days. I noticed that the welts had, for the most part, receded, so I hit the boots with a brush. As a result, they look dull. I took my AE shine cloth to them and tried to shine them, but they still look dull. You can see...
Hi, this is my first post.   I recently picked up a pair of burgundy bluchers 2nds from the Shoemart. They were made on the modified last. I fit really well in a 9D in my 403 Indy boot but I knew the Barrie last wasn't for me because I needed a deeper heel cup since I have custom orthotics. I ordered a 9D in the modified last but I think they might be a half size too big. Unfortunately I also think that I have too much vamp crease to return them. In any case, here they...