or Connect

Posts by watchidiot

Thanks half! I was initially hesitant of ordering loafers from AE as I have a high instep and most info I've read says that AE loafers are a bit unforgiving to feet like mine. I was surprised that this shoe fits me well TTS. Now I think I'm hooked; this is my second loafer.
Maiden voyage of my MTO Lake Shore Drives. I love that this pair didn't feel like it needed to be broken. The upper is soft and the Dainite is quite pliable. Specs and more photos at the MTO Thread Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's another MTO that just arrived Specs LAKE SHORE DR. VAMP-QUARTER- BROGUE SUEDE 1057 BACKSTAY- CHILI CALF 2002 LACE-CHILI BRAID TASSEL-CHILI NATURAL FLAT WELT RED DAINITE AND HEEL TRANSPARENT BROWN EDGE DRESSING TONE ON TONE UPPER STITCHING Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Allison just got back to me and tells me there was a mistake made with the leather and I can ship them back. If they are full grain, I'm thinking I should just keep them at seconds price and have a CXL Lexington made. I got these for the anniversary sale price so seconds price shouldn't be too far off the original price point. If these are corrected grain then I'm sending them back. Here are more pictures of the shoe Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree they look fine and adds some variety to my rotation. However I was going for something darker so I could wear them with my darker chinos and jeans when I don't feel like wearing the chunky MacNeils. Something similar to those vass (they look great btw). Im also not really sure these are chili grain. Does AE print the leather reference number on the inside of the shoe?
With all the talk about chili grain calf vs cow, I would like to get your thoughts in this latest MTO Lexington I received. The invoice was for 1038 chili grain (my bad I didn't specify the type of chili grain, I really wanted the BB MacNeil chili grain which is 1032 as I eventually found out). What I received though is quite light and the grain much bigger. Actually looks like football leather to me.Here is a picture of the shoeHere are the reference numbers inside the...
I love these! Is this white calf or white suede. Sorry I'm looking through my mobile and can't tell from the resolution.
One difference between the Grayson and the Lake Shore Dr is that the Grayson has slip beading (the strip of leather that runs along the shoes top line. I have the navy suede Grayson (the seconds of which freedbird scored and posted at the MTO thread) and a snuff suede Lake Shore Dr too. I love them both but I like the slip beading detail on the Grayson. Not for $70 more though.
Sorry posting again the same question, but this thread moves quite fast and sometimes questions get buried quite quickly. I was just wondering if anybody owns AE shoes using grain leather apart from the ones used in the BB MacNeils? Im interested in getting an MTO in print grain leather as there are a couple of interesting colors. Just not sure what print grain leather is and what is the difference if any when compared to the grain leather used in the BB MacNeils.
I have the chili grain BB MacNeils and these are turning out to be one of my favorite shoes. I now regret not getting the walnut grain MacNeils when they were available. Im really liking the look of AE's grain leather and I was wondering what other grain leather is available from AE. I saw there were a couple of golf shoes on grain print leather. Does anyone know what the difference is of these grain print leather (eg. weybridge golf shoes) vs just grain leather (eg. redan...