or Connect

Posts by Inks

Picked up a vintage 'monkey jacket' a couple of weeks ago. Navy with twin white stripes in the usual places. A heavy-duty matt nylon fabric with diamond quilted white lining. It's got snap buttons rather than a zip fastener. Made in the USA by Sportsmaster and well put together. Pretty warm for a light jacket and waterproof too. We didn't call them monkey jackets when I was younger, they were known as 'scooter jackets' round my way. Isn't there an old black and white...
Oyster Cards are £5 a pop last time I bought one. They're probably more now considering my Oyster Card has 'Hoo-ray for the London Olympics 2012' printed on it. Even with the initial lay-out for the card, travelling in London is cheaper with an Oyster than without.I once forgot my Oyster when I took my godsons out to Amersham from Harrow. Nineteen bleedin' quid it cost me for a return. If I'd used me Oyster, it've been 10 quid top-whack. If I'd travelled from Epping to...
Congrats M-o-M. I have been married for nearly 30 years myself. It has been to three different women though.
There wasn't anything particularly new, different or wrong about how the gay skinhead fella dressed. And gay skinheads are hardly a new thing. Mods with beards though. I haven't seen that before.
I like a stingy-brim hat, but that straw one shown is positively tight-arsed. Yorkshire-brim trilby maybe ?
I like the 'Head' screen-grab avatar there Bunty.
It seems you're permitted to ride a scooter in California at a lot younger age than here in the UK
I just read that Mr Carl Douglas now has a net worth of $145 million dollars.
I wore my boating blazer with a FP, white jeans and desert-boots. Looks weird with a shirt and tie. Those black and white 'Jam' shoes were never to my taste. A bit too long and pointy, and a bit too Ted looking for my liking. Chisel-toe chelsea-boots with a non-cuban heel were about as pointy as I got. I've seen some less long and pointy two-tone gibsons that were less Rumplestiltskin-y than the ones Weller & Co used to wear. They looked better, but not better enough for...
There was RAF/USAF West Ruislip which is just up from Northolt as well. I had relatives near Ickenham just up from the base. You used to see quite a few yank cars driving about round there. The old base is now a housing estate.