or Connect

Posts by Inks

I'm liking the Clarks
He was indeed a nasty piece of work. Apart from Sharon, I don't think I've ever heard a good word said about the bloke. And he's been mentioned in umpteen programmes and documentaries over the years.
RIP Ian McLagan. One hell of keyboard player.
As we're on shoes, I thought I'd mention something I saw a few months ago. I was in the World's End in Camden, and saw a gent in his late mid to late 40s. He had a clipper-cut grey barnet, Alpha Ma-1 and Levi's with turn-ups and selvedge on. But on his feet, he was wearing Ghillie Brogues. Quite noticeable as he had light coloured socks on. I've never seen that before. Has anyone ever bought a pair of Ghillies and knocked up homemade tongues and put them in ? I've only...
A Squire Shop wool jacket currently for sale on the bay in the US. No bidders and 6hrs to go.
Love or hate the 'Woking class hero',he is still responsible for bringing Leah Weller into the world. So, I give him a pass for that.As for making two-tone teddy-boy-style winkle-pickers a 'Mod thing', he deserves a (redacted)
Not a bad little programme that. The Original they were talking to looked like he was in Adams of London. They do look like they've got some decent gear in there.
Cheers Ed, enjoyed that. The Beeb has done some pretty good docs recently. Two Northern Soul ones, and two Mods/Rockers '64 ones. And without the usual-suspect talking-heads for a change.
I saw them and got excited when I saw 37" on the tag. Then I realised it was the length. Who the hell has a 29" waist and 37" legs ?No wonder they were left-over vintage stock. God, I wanted them so badly.
Is that Geoffrey Robertson QC in his younger days on that album cover ?