or Connect

Posts by Inks

Site with some old Sears and JC Penney Xmas catalogues going back to the 40s. www.wishbookweb.com  Some nice looking BDs and strides in the early to late-mid 60s catalogues.
I've always thought the piano in the middle-eight of this song sounds like it's played on an old pub piano.
I love a bit of Northern Soul. Some of it is a bit xylophone/vibraphone heavy for my liking though.
Reminds me of that old joke, "Fly the flag.....hang a Mod"
No, but I can see 70s Northern Soul fashions being mixed in with 60s Mod fashions.
Just saw an advert on TV for  'Best Northern Soul Album Ever'. I know a Northern Soul revival has been bubbling-under for some time, and now it looks like it's going to be a mainstream 'thing'. It looks like I'm going to be spending the next 18 months tutting to myself and moaning about young people getting it all wrong. I shudder to think what bastardised fashions are going to come out of all this. I might as well order a job-lot of Pepto and blood-pressure tablets in...
Well Dexy's were from Brum, and they rocking the 'Longshoreman-look' for a bit. That's a bit like a band from the Fens, dressing like mountaineers.
A friend of mine worked at the Lambretta clothing company in Alperton/Perivale for 15 years. In all that time I never asked him to get me any cost-price gear from there. Make of that what you will.
The Guardian listings were wrong M-o-M. It's next weeks episode that has Steve Cropper and Eddie Floyd on.
Reginald D Hunter's documentary about the music of the southern United States features a segment with the Stax musicians tonight.