or Connect

Posts by Quiet Observer

Thank you all for your comments. I've decided to go with navy linen and linen/cotton blend suits for client meetings and keep the lighter mix and match linens for casual occasions and days when i will not need to meet clients.
I would worry about it. Too many people on this thread are worried about the leather creasing.
Dear SFers, I would appreciate you opinion on a matter that I am still undecided on after several months. I live and work in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. In my humble opinion there are only 2 seasons in the country, hot and hotter. Because of the climate everywhere is air conditioning and men generally dress in wool suits for work (including all the British expats) or traditional Arabic attire (free flowing kandoura usually in white with a white gutra to protect...
I will be putting up two pairs of RM Williams Suede Comfort Craftsman boots in size 11G on Ebay in the next day or two as I am heading back to London from Abu Dhabi and have too much stuff. Pictures attached.   The dark brown suede boots are 3 weeks old and have been worn twice and the tan suede boots are 5 weeks old and have been worn about 5 times. PM me with a sensible offer if you're interested; happy to do a deal on both pairs together.           The...
I have noticed that the quality of RM Williams boots seems to steadily be going down hill. They are without a doubt the most comfortable footwear I own besides running shoes. However the composite sole on the Comfort Craftsman seems to split from the welt after a very short period of time. I bought my first pair in 2010 and within 6 months the composite sole had already started to come away at the lip of the boot (front). Prior to that I had always worn the Blaxlands and...
I have been wearing RM Williams boots for about 7 years now. The first boots I bought were the Yard boot, swiftly followed by the Blaxland in both brown suede and tan suede. However on purchasing my first pair of Comfort Craftsman I noticed that these boots make a subtle  squeaking sound when I walk, like air is escaping from the boot. As such I sold that pair some years ago, but I recently bought another pair and I have noticed that they make the exact same noise; and...
Hello All,   I'm Michael from London and I only recently joined Style Forum after years of reading the forum as a guest. I occasionally sell the odd item or two on Ebay mainly Cordings, Ede & Ravenscroft, Grenson, Loake etc.   I just thought I'd best introduce myself before starting a thread.