or Connect

Posts by 32-20

They're too short by an inch or so given that I wanted a slight break, but they're wearable; I'm just grousing while I still have the momentum, really. The suit fabric is plain worsted with a small but visible twill/diagonal weave. I have no less than three digital cameras within reach, and none work; I suppose I'll have to describe it.The lapel roll ends about two inches above the buttonhole. The effect is similar to a hard 3-button jacket with only the middle button in...
When I was getting fitted for the YWY sportcoat, the button stance was lowered, and the position of the pockets with it.That was my experience before I went into LB, and how I came to have that expectation.
Last spring in Hong Kong I made the regrettable decision to have a one-button three piece suit made by Lee Baron. I advise you all to go to Y. William Yu on Mody Road instead. I had a one-button jacket there for the same price as a full three piece from LB, but it's absolutely perfect.   To give credit where it is due, the Lee Baron waistcoat fits as well and as comfortably as a shirt, though the initial notch lapels were so awkward looking that I had them remove them....
I thought I'd share this interesting number.  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/251638697903634737/
Looks fairly decent around the shoulder and sleeves, though the latter seems a little too close to shirtsleeve length. Easily altered if so. The skirt is too short by two or three inches. The horizontal line across your crotch and the inverted V of the open quarters combine in a conspicuous tear shape. A longer skirt, on the other hand, blurs the distinction between the line of the open quarters and the line of the leg, diverting the eye up and down.
I've come around to the view of getting a basic black dinner suit to start with, since if I got the trousers on their own, it would be difficult to find the precise match in fabric if I wanted to add a jacket later. Slightly cheaper to have them made as a pair, too. However, I never intended to wear a velvet dinner suit. Velvet in general repels me, as does corduroy and suede. Something about the gloss...   So, to ask a new question, having rethought my premise: How do...
And I've taken it into consideration. I'm now trying to figure out a degree of formality between black tie and a lounge suit - in other words, a smoking jacket fit for wearing out in public. Bottle green is unconventional and therefore less formal, but that doesn't mean it's exiled from that stratum of formality, any more than a brown lounge suit is left with norfolks and blazers. Both are at the margins of their class, but remain within it, just about. Maybe you dislike...
 Except midnight blue. All I'm proposing here is a midnight green, on an otherwise completely orthodox dinner suit. Or jacket - if there's such thing as semi-semi-formal I think bottle green might fit nicely into that category.
Fellas, how do you feel about a bottle-green dinner suit? That is, an is-that-black-or-do-my-eyes-deceive-me shade of green. The lapels (peak) would be black grosgrain.
I ordered a three piece suit from Lee Baron and had my first fitting a few days before Chinese New Year. When I selected a material and asked for the price, I was given a low figure - I was surprised, then specified that I wanted full canvassing and no fusing, and the figure jumped up to around 7800 HKD. Definitely not a place for the untutored - that omission was almost literally a tourist trap. I paid half in cash, presented the Indian fellow with a scrapsheet of photos...