or Connect

Posts by ckylegrimes

Thanks, that's good info. I was a bit surprised by the stark contrast in sizing from my normal casual shoes, like vans. The fairfaxes are my first pair of nicer dress shoes, the next nicest would be like some Eccos that I used to wear, and I wear like a 9.5-10 in those too. Onteresting
Here's a question: so I'm looking at picking up some distressed McTavish shoes on clearance, but I wonder abut sizing. I normally wear about a 9-9.5 in shoes, but my first pair of AE's is a pair of fairfaxes, and I had to go to an 8 D for it to fit. Is this normal in anyone else's experience?
Thanks for the reply! Yes, this is where I get confused. Although it is a more formal looking shoe, if it was tan I would be more inclined to think it would be easier to dress down, but the chili is a little darker..? So are you talking like dark raw jeans and just a button up, or like tucked in dress shirt and sportcoat casual?
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum, although I've been following for several weeks now. I'm a 23 year old college student that finally decided to up his style. So last night at the Rack I found a pair of AE Fairfax in Chili, I really like them. It was sort of an impulse buy, but I did it because I cannot find them anywhere, even online. So, the question is: how far could I dress these down??